|Location||East West Harerge-Meta, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 31, 2020|
|Category|| Business Development |
Health Care / Medical
Hotel / Restaurant
|Job Type|| Full-time |
|Reference No: REC/075/20 |
Job title: Health Officer
|Location: Oromia, East Hararghe- Meta|
|Reports to: EW Hararghe Health Manager|
|Closing Date: September 05, 2020|
GOAL’s mission is to work with the most vulnerable communities to help them respond to and recover from humanitarian crises, and to assist them to build transcendent solutions to mitigate poverty and vulnerability.
GOAL is a non-for profit organization that has been working in Ethiopia for over 30 years, towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food and livelihoods, water and sanitation, nutrition, healthcare and education. GOAL implements a range of multi-sectoral development, resilience, recovery and humanitarian responses programmes by being sensitive to cross-cutting issues including gender, accountably, child protection, HIV/AIDS. Currently, we work with pastoralist, agro-pastoral, pastoral dropouts, rural small holder farmers, rural/urban youth and street children to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience in Ethiopia working closely with local communities, local government, donors and other key actors.
We envision a world where poverty no longer exist, where vulnerable communities are resilient, where barriers to wellbeing are removed and where everyone has equal rights and opportunities. GOAL Ethiopia’s main donors Irish Aid, USAID/OFDA, EHF, ECHO and other private donors.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Health officer will support the implementation of GOAL Ethiopia’s health activities and approaches in line with global’s health strategy and Ethiopia’s government health strategy, and coordinate, and provide technical support to GOAL Ethiopia’s health programme activities in the project implementation area. The Health officer will also integrate emergency responses at FO level in case of health emergencies that GOAL decides to intervene.
Description of Functional Relationships of the role
The health officer will work closely with the Programme team in field office. He/she will closely work with EW Hararghe health manager and CDWs to ensure collaboration and effective program implementation.
Overall objective of the role includes;
- Support GOAL development focused health programming towards an approach based primarily on innovative, integrated primary health care and health promotion focused on community development through social behavior change
- To contribute for donor calls, and project proposal development
- Liaise with local MOH and NGOs for implementations of activities and best practices, and to participate in health promotion networks.
- To support outcome monitoring and evaluation of emergency and development health programming
- Support project planning, coordinate implementation of project activities and evaluations
- Provide technical support on programmatic issues to field level staffs
Do you want to join an exciting organization that brings high level impact to the community and add value to your professional advancement? Then join us if you have:
Bachelor Degree in public health, or equivalent combination of education and 3 up to 5 years’ experience in public health and rural development projects.
Desirable quality, skill and competence
- Strong knowledge, understanding of community based approaches such as care group, men health group, community based reproductive health promotion, school youth sexual reproductive health peer-education and health system strengthen and implementation of integrated community based Rural Development Programme activities.
- Knowledge and understanding and application of community health promotion interventions in reproductive health, nutrition, control and management of malaria and diarrheal disease and sustainable development of core principles and values.
- Act as a catalyst in moving the development agenda forward;
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with GOAL staff, target communities, local government organizations, and NGO,
- Able to respect the culture, value and customs of the community, recognizing the important role- cultural, historical and social factors play as an integral part of balanced development,
- Knowledge of local language (Afan Oromo) is a must; capable of communicating in English both in spoken and writing,
- Highly motivated and able to work unsupervised and team orientated approach.
- Flexible and creative approach; keen to take initiative where appropriate.
- Willing to reside in the assigned Kebele and travel long distances with little or no transportation facility in the field,
- Resilience: Maintains focus and intensity and remains optimistic, persistent and professional even under adverse, stressful or difficult situations.
Note: This description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
REMUNERATION and BENEFITS:
Salary Birr 10,876.37 per month
Transportation Allowance - 10% of monthly salary
Medical Allowance Insurance
Pension - as per the government pension scheme (11% from the employer and 7% from the employee).
Hardship Allowance – 30% of your monthly salary
GOAL’s recruitment procedure is fair and transparent which is also in line with the organization’s commitment to its integrity, honesty and culture. GOAL is committed to ensure that, its performance complies with the terms and conditions of relevant agreements, applicable laws & regulations. Hence, pre-employment background checks will be conducted, and employees are required to read, understand, sign and implement different polices including safe guarding and child protection policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and abuse policy, sexual harassment policy, code of conducts and any other rules and regulation of the organization. GOAL is strongly committed not to harm the people under its care.
Interested and qualified applicants need to submit ONLY once their non - returnable application with CV for one vacancy. The vacancy reference number along with the title needs to be written in the application letter and/or subject of the email. Applicants can apply using the following option.
- Applicants who have access to the internet can directly submit their application to email@example.com
- Applicants without access to internet can submit to the Administration & Human Resources Department, GOAL Ethiopia P. O. Box 5504, Addis Ababa or personally to GOAL Ethiopia Regional Office at Meta or Head Office reception.
GOAL strongly encourages female candidates to apply!
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and exam.
Shortlisted candidates will need to submit other supporting documents upon request at later stage.
GOAL is not able to contribute towards any costs incurred by candidates during the recruitment process.