|Location||Shilabo, Dhobawayn districts of Korehe zone and Gursum district of Fafan zone, Somali, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 26, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Purpose: Organization for welfare and Development in Action (OWDA) is seeking to hire an experienced health officers who will be based in the districts of Dhobawayn, Shilabo, and Gursum woredas of Somali Region. The health officers will be responsible to handle the consultation of under five children and patients with chronic and treatment of the communities, child health, maternal health, awareness creation of the communities and referral system. The health officers will coordinate, implement and monitor the project at field level.
Number Required : 3(1 per district)
Duration of Contract: Six month(6)
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for all tasks related to the team service delivery.
- Responsible for team plan movement and ensure all service package components of the MHNT are delivered
- Responsible for adult and under five year medical consultation and nutrition service package and supported by the two health extension workers.
- Responsible for all quarterly supplies related issues (In/Out & stock balance) & timely flag of shortage.
- Responsible for vehicle utilization, administrative management including fuel & travels.
- Team capacitating (WoHo staff, HEWs and other Nurses)
- Responsible for the link between the team and the zonal/woreda administrations, WoHo and service recipient community
- Attend necessary meetings within the woreda during emergencies, planning, responding and monitoring.
- Ensure other team members are doing correct tally, recording, registering and
- Provide communities for consultation and treatment during the outreach and communities mobilization.
- Ensure that the programme is accountable to beneficiaries through promoting their participation providing them with information about programme activities and ensuring the beneficiary feedback is used effectively to adapt programme
- Responsible to write regular reports adhering the regional health bureau and the Donor reporting formats at agreed intervals and submit to project coordinator.
- Responsible to identify various target groups in geographical area of project sites and ensure that all technical work reflects the needs and preferences of different target groups.
- Responsible to continually assess emergency needs, as requested, especially taking in the broader perspective of public health intervention
- Support health emergency outbreaks with readiness assessment and report to with government counterparts
- Depending on the situation, the post holder may be asked to perform other tasks as requested by the supervisor.
Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- Bachelor Degree of public health officer or other relevant area (BSc of Nursing).
- 3 years of experience in mobile health and nutrition teams preferably in primary health care service deliveries.
- Commitment to and understanding of OWDA's aims, values and principles
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their electronic application letter and CV through email@example.com or hardcopy to OWDA; Jijiga Offices before the above set deadline.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Women are particularly encouraged to apply!!