|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||November 30, 2019|
|Category|| Social Sciences |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
EthioChicken is a leading distributor of chickens to rural farmers in Ethiopia. We are a rapidly growing Company that believes in investing in our employees and offers them opportunities for career advancement. Ethiochicken is an Ethiopian based company.
Our vision is to bring a chicken to every family in Ethiopia in 2021, and a chicken to every person in Ethiopia in the future, transforming the Ethiopian poultry industry, making it a model of inclusive growth.
The Health, Safety and Quality Control Senior Officer reports to the Health, Safety and Quality Control Assistant Manager and is responsible for the review, development and performing internal quality assurance audit procedures and preparing internal quality assurance reports reflecting the results of the work performed. Work performed will include coverage of functional and operating units, focusing on operational processes, health and safety, risk, environment and biosecurity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Audits current controls and performance monitoring elements to assess effectiveness.
- Works with the HS&Q Manager to develop, implement, monitor and manage the company’s compliance with internal and external control requirements.
- Interact with various levels of management and staff in conducting internal audits
- Audits ongoing processes to assure continued compliance.
- Prepares reports based on the results of the stated quality assurance audits to be presented and shared with the senior staff.
- Responsible for the coordination, preparation and submission of the quality assurance audit results.
- Conduct operational, health and safety, risk, environment and biosecurity audits as requested.
- Identify process improvements that lead to cost saving or revenue enhancement opportunities.
- Ensures that all information of a confidential nature is held in a secure a confidential method.
- Assist with external operational, health and safety, risk, environment and biosecurity audits.
- Ensure that all quality assurance records and documentation is accurate.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Work with the company’s facility and department Managers to insure the implementation of company’s EHS policies and activities;
- Inspect and evaluate the environment, equipment and processes in working areas to ensure compliance with government safety regulations and industry standards (such as Global gap, IFC Performance Standards, HACCP, and ISO).
- investigate accidents to identify their causes and find ways to prevent them in the future.
- Prepares activity-based report and based on strategic plans and achievements.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse population
- Microsoft office suite skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental studies, Agriculture, food science, Monitoring and evaluation and any other related filed.
- Fresh Graduate
Only candidates meeting the required qualifications are invited to send their applications(Cover Letter) including a detailed CV through ethiojobs.net or
Women are highly encouraged to apply.