WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 17, 2021|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
- Drive towards 100% compliance with Safety and Environmental requirements.
- Develop and Lead all safety policies and practices in line with the company Safety Vision and Principles, and Worldwide practices.
- Provide key assistance and advice to the Management team on Safety and Environmental issues, with the aim of continuous improvement and consistently high standards.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Policies and Practices
- Develop, monitor and continuously improve a Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Policy and Procedures for the Territory in line with Company-wide HSE policies and procedures.
- Ensure company and customer HSE procedures and safe working practices are strictly followed, with the aim of reducing lost time incidents.
- Strive towards completion of comprehensive Safe Work/Operating Procedures for all operations.
- Implement a strategy for completing Job Safety Analysis for each task.
- Encourage and assist in the development of Risk Assessments to be carried out in each work area consistently.
- Instigate and lead all accident investigations as specified in the Company specified time limits.
- Analyze accidents, and report findings of investigations and draft considered corrective actions to senior management.
- Develop, implement and monitor a Business Continuity Plan
- Ensure and maintain procedures for the handling, storage and transport of hazardous substances including their disposal. e.g. asbestos.
- Advise and assist individual departmental Managers and supervisors with the updating of SOPs.
- Coordinate the Safety Committee functions including workplace inspections, accident investigations and quarterly meetings.
- Maintain a high profile throughout the branch observing unsafe acts or conditions by employees or contractors and take appropriate action.
- Ensure all fire-fighting equipment and first aid boxes are regularly serviced and contents are in order
- Keep management up to date with new legislation.
- Promote Health and Safety awareness through the Ethiopia business.
- Ensure business guests or visitors and new recruits are given health and safety briefing (Inductions) as soon as is possible.
- Ensure that departments are delivering toolbox talks, ensuring content of the meetings are relevant.
- Ensure awareness of safety and environmental issues is prevalent through visual posters and aids, continuous monitoring, discussions, briefings, training, simulations and workshops.
- Mediate between managers and operations to limit or eliminate conflict between production and safety considerations.
- Ensure all HSE training is carried out, for example, health & safety committee trainings, fire marshal training, first aid training or any other HSE related training as required.
Audits, Reporting and Feedback
- Auditing of the implementation of company policies, plans and procedures relating to HSE with due cognizance of the requirements of Company requirements and Ethiopian legislation.
- Maintain and monitor the monthly Lagging and Leading indictors based on territorial Health and Safety related performance and submit to the Group HSE Manager.
- Establish and maintain safety KPI (Key Performance Indicator) data Lagging/Leading indicators.
- Provide suggested remedial action when safety KPI targets are not met
- Carry out periodic and spontaneous Planned Inspections of all work areas
- Advice on a range of specialist areas; e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
- Keep updated, comprehensive registers on all safety and environmental related registers, i.e.. Lifting tackles, Ladders, Fire Extinguishers, Chains, Electrical Tooling etc.
- Fully document any accident or near miss where required and present to the management.
- Facilities- Manages and monitors all sub contractors, contracts staff and staff to ensure adherence to health and safety.
- Manage the tyre procurement process and regularly auditing to ensure safety compliance for our fleet
- Liaise with the tracking company for administration of the fleet management system, checking vehicle usage, speed and regular usage to avoid overuse and misuse and ultimate safety of employee drivers
- Fleet management - assist the Admin Manager in matters of safety regarding company vehicle fleet, securing the tracking device, procuring, activating fuel card and monitoring safety driving habits by regularly revising vehicle tracking reports on excessive driving, speeding…
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the immediate report/Managing Director
- Management and staff
- Visitors & Contractors
- Department of occupation health and safety services
- Government and legal bodies
Dept.: Health & Safety
- Clear understanding of Ethiopia health and safety legislation
- H&S awareness
- Articulate and able to communicate well in both written and oral
- High level of integrity and of strong analytical skills
- Independent thinker
- High attention to detail
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent mutually beneficial working relationships with staff and other departments to ensure smooth running of the section.
- Degree in physical sciences with leaning towards engineering. Degree in health & safety will be preferred
- Diploma in heath & safety or environmental science
- 6 years post academic experience in Health, Safety and / or Environmental Management
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications
Interested and qualified applicants can apply through: firstname.lastname@example.org