|Location||Dukem City, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||January 30, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
This vacancy is for our new oil refinery located in Oromia region Dukem city
- Provide support to the implementing, monitoring and auditing of all health and safety specific Acts and SHE management systems in place. This will include activities such as daily SHE Incident investigation reports, Audits, daily SHE induction training etc.
- Ensures compliance with current legislation and management of performance against environmental health and safety standards.
- Development of proposals to meet future legislation
- A key role in the development and promotion of a positive and proactive health and safety culture on site.
- Provide support to the implementation, monitoring and auditing of the ISO 14001 & 45001 SHE management systems in place. This will include activities such as daily SHE Incident investigation reports, Audits, daily SHE induction training, SHE Systems activities, invoice follow up, conducting SHE monthly meetings, stationery requisition and management, Job cards creation, maintaining hazards spotting system, red light exercise, contractors in the field monitoring and conducting SHE training.
- The daily, weekly and monthly documentation of SHE reports (Investigation reports, audit reports, SHE programs, reports (conducting these of being part of such functions), used in the company,
- SHE inspection program
- Conducting risk assessments
- Internal contractors audits
- contractors minimum requirements updates and SHE File Approval
- SHE contractors file approval
- SHE training budget control.
- Conducting SHE incident investigations and follow up on recommended actions
- Implementation, monitoring and auditing the SHE system
- Follow up on SHE meeting outstanding findings
- Assisting with SHE budget control.
- Auditing SHE systems and records as part of the audit team
- Documenting and updating Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Updating SHE statistics when required to
- Follow up on of legal appointments for all staff
- Conducting Induction training daily
- Waste activities monitoring
- Updating SHE induction material as requested
- Spill kits inspections and
- Spill response assimilation
- Identifying SHE aspects and impacts on site
- Environment Policy communication
- Conduct Systems Internal Audits, i.e. ISO 14001 & 45001
- Emergency response co-ordination
- Contractors inspections daily
- Conducting all internal SHE training
- SHE related Policy communication
- SHE monthly topics
- Follow up on outdated MSDS
- Awareness Training
- A developed understanding of the site wide health, safety and environment issues and opportunities and to clearly communicate solutions to a broad stakeholder base.
- Creating a culture of behavioral safety as an automatic response.
Skills & Experience required:
- Must have demonstrated SHE Experience (minimum 3 years) in SHE Environments in any supply /manufacturing responsibilities in the chemical or FMCG industries. ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 systems experience are highly recommended
- Must have good communication skills, including presentation skills, listening, writing and oral
- Must be committed to customer Service and continuous improvement
- Ability to meet targets, report on incidents and keep records of all HSE related activities
- HSE Diploma/Degree or equivalent HSE Certificates
- MS Office user, Excel and Power point
Note the personal attributes needed to be successful in the role
- Excellent interpersonal skills