|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||February 24, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
Health Care / Medical
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Position: Health Senior Researcher – Mycobacterial Disease Directorate
External Vacancy Announcement
The Armauer Hansen Research Institute (AHRI) was founded in 1970 through the initiative of the Norwegian and Swedish Save the Children organizations seconded by the Ministry of Health of Ethiopia. The Institute got its name from the Norwegian physician, Gerhard Henrik Armauer Hansen, who first described the leprosy bacillus (Mycobacterium leprae). AHRI is a biomedical research institute that works in developing tools for prevention, control and treatment of mycobacterium and other diseases of public healthy importance through applied and basic biomedical research and training.
AHRI would like to hire qualified candidate in the position of Health Senior Researcher working under Mycobacterial Disease Directorate
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior Researcher is expected to have a strong background and skill in TB and leprosy related epidemiological, molecular or immunological experiences in field or lab. The applicant is expected to write grants, prepare project specific protocols, lead research projects and supervise postgraduate students and publish scientific papers.
· A high level of skill using precision instruments
· Meticulous observance and practice of safety procedures
· Excellent research and communication skills
· Good general work habits and people skills
· Committed to the values of integrity, accountability, transparency, and scientific rigor
· Demonstrates innovative design, development and execution of research projects through literature review and scientific teamwork.
· Contributes to the execution of design, optimization, verification, troubleshooting and validation of current and new assays and provides input into the design, direction, implementation and interpretation of experimental studies
· Manage specific project and/or field activities might be required
· Perform laboratory or field activities as might be assigned
- PhD Degree in biology, pharmacy, biomedical science medical laboratory, nursing, microbiology, infectious disease, public health, health related fields background in Biomedical fields is advantage
- PhD, 8 Years of experience and 9 publications point /research in biomedical health is advantageous
Interested applicants who fulfilled the above requirements should ONLY send the following through ethiojobs.net within ten /10/ working days since the vacancy posting.
- A CV/resume (not more than 3 pages)
- A cover letter (not more than one page)
- A one page table summarizing your educational background, technical skills and competencies to facilitate the screening process
- Credentials /important only/
Please DO NOT ATTACH any other documents.
No. Required: 01 (One)
Employment Type: Permanent employment basis.
Salary: 17825.00 /Seventeen thousand eight hundred and twenty five birr/
10,000.00 /house Allowance per month/
700.00 /mobile card allowance per month/
700.00 / (EVDO) internet allowance per month