|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 24, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Chemonics International seeks experienced professionals for the USAID-funded Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project. GHSC-PSM Ethiopia will serve as the primary vehicle through which USAID will procure and furnish health commodities, provide technical assistance to improve the country’s management of the supply chain, and collaborate with key international stakeholders to support global and local health initiatives
The Health Systems Strengthening Director is the lead for strengthening the pharmaceutical supply chain system by providing technical support at national, regional, zonal, woreda and health facility levels. The director oversee support of EPSA’s supply chain process through implementation of innovative interventions such as establishment of Quality Management System (QMS), lean model and six-sigma in a phased approach. Also, the director facilitates support to EPSA, FMOH and RHBs to have fully developed human resources capacity and institutionalized systems that ensure high performing professionals, and patient-centered workforce capable of effectively and efficiently delivering health services and products.
- Advanced degree in a health-related field with specialized training and/or experience relating to pharmaceutical management with at least eight years of working experience in field of public health.
- At least three years demonstrated relevant experience in pharmaceutical management and/or health systems strengthening activities in developing country context.
- Relevant experience in pharmaceutical management and systems strengthening, particularly those related to the implementation of RMNCH, HIV/AIDS, Malaria prevention, care, and treatment programs in developing countries.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain working relationships with senior-level officials, particularly interacting productively, proactively, and comfortably with government agencies, NGOs, private sector groups, USAID, and donor organizations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, sound judgment, communication skills, training experience, ability to identify and resolve policy and operational constraints.
- Self-motivated, interest and experience in managing and supervising technical staff
- Experience with public health programs supported by donor funding agencies, such as USAID or DFID.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically as required to support the progress of program activities
- Excellent writing and presentation skills in English.
To apply, please reply to this e-mail PSMEthiopiaRecruit@ghsc-psm.org and please specify the position title as the subject line in your application and submit no later than April 27, 2020. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.