|Location||Kombolcha, BPDO head office, Amhara, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 29, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Beza posterity development organization /BPDO/ is an indigenous, non-profit making, non-governmental humanitarian organization working on three programmatic interventions like Health, Socio economic, capacity building and Advocacy programs in four regional states of the country.
Currently BPDO has entered a project agreement with USAID to implement HIV Prevention, Testing and Treatment Services for Key Populations activities in all woredas of Amhara region. As per this BPDO wants to recruit interested applicants who fulfilled the minimum requirements as an employee
The Director of HIV Services is responsible for the overall success of the realization of HIV prevention, testing, services for Key population funded by USAID-Ethiopia in line with Beza Posterity Development Organization (BPDO) HIV prevention strategic objectives. Major responsibility of the occupier of the position includes providing leadership, coordination, technical support, strategic destine and, compliance with set of quality standards to achieve intended HIV prevention result for Key population. Lead strategically and being accountable for the overall success of the realization of the success of HIV epidemic control with close consultation of chief of party Executive Director of BPDO.
RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Directly oversee and monitor three integrated HIV services which are prevention, testing and treatment for Key population at all level including BPDO implementation sites and sub awardees sites
- Lead the adaptation of local and international best practices to standardize integrated HIV/STI/RH biomedical services, with attention to newer Activity areas including PrEP, HIVST and case-based surveillance/recency testing.
- Create strong cooperation and partnership with sub awardees program units to monitor performance and quality of services provided to the clients as per the set standard.
- Leads, plans, organizes and co-ordinates the technical support and delivery of services, and sustainability of performance in all integrated HIV prevention services.
- Share program direction, strategies and guidance given from the donor and BPDO management team to all BPDO implementation area and sub awardees
- Provide technical support for all staffs at the implementation site as required about ICT and PNS to insure case identification and initiation of ART.
- Monitor all clinical services activities including case detection, linkage and treatment and TX_PLVS at all ART DICs.
- Directly oversee and technically monitor what HIV prevention activities delivered to key population contribute to HIV testing and treatment activities.
- Oversee applicable strategies to improve all MER and custom indicators performance at all level which are directly related to Key population HIV prevention activities.
- Lead ICS specialist, QA/QI specialist, HIV prevention officer and others program staffs directly under his/her supervision in team work manner.
- Through periodic visits to ART sites, direct, supervise and provide technical assistance to staff involved in the provision HIV prevention, testing and treatment services. So that ensuring high level of performance and alignment of actions with BPDO and USAID strategic service delivery goals;
- Provide strategic and technical direction to Team Leaders, Coordinators, Field/Area Offices, DIC Managers, Supervisors, and service providers for effective delivery of interrelated HIV prevention, testing and treatment services at all levels.
- Formulates solutions to service delivery problems through operations research, consultations, data utilization and mobilizing the service delivery team at all levels for joint implementation of agreed solutions;
- Establishes quality improvement and standards control guidelines with collaboration of QA/QI specialist and putting in place mechanism for ensuring compliance and full implementation across all levels of service delivery;
- Provide support to the development of training and other resources materials for the training of service providers.
- Monitors and documents the appropriateness and effectiveness of BPDO service delivery strategy including cooperation and partnership with public and private sector health service providers to guide leadership and management in decision making;
- Establishes and ensures implementation of rights of clients at all service delivery levels and that service providers and other support staff comply with applicable standards, regulations, specifications and documented procedures;
- Represent BPDO at National or regional Technical Working Group, FMOH, etc in the absence of chief of party to contribute the input of BPDO to the development and implementation of National HIV prevention policies, guidelines and standards and in the process enhance the visibility of the BPDO.
- Work Closely with USAID Technical Team and others organizations assigned to provide technical assistance for local organization with the consultation of Chief of party to improve the quality of HIV prevention, testing and treatment services delivered to key population;
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Executive and chief of party
Duration of employment: one year with possibility of extension
Qualification, Experiences and other Requirements
- Master’s degree in public health (MPH) and degree in medicine (MD), nursing or health officer (BSC).
- 10 and above years’ experience in related with clinical HIV treatment and HIV testing service deliveries.
- Updated skills and knowledge in to HIV prevention service delivery
- Excellent counseling, communication and Interpersonal skills , and report writing skills;
- Ability to coach and develop subordinates to improve their skills and achieve targets;
- Computer Proficiency and practical skill with cotemporary MS offices functions
- Demonstrated experience in USG-funded project management, including familiarity with PEPFAR indicators, planning and reporting requirements.
- Good team player and willingness to work extra hours;
- Energetic and enthusiastic approach to work and willingness to travel to Area Offices;
- Change driven
- Working knowledge with standard policies, guidelines and donor requirements;
- Sound knowledge of USAID and Government polices related to cross cutting issues about HIV and youth and HIV and gender.
- Willingness to multi-task and work on own initiative;
- Supportive attitude and committed to client’s rights to access to comprehensive and quality HIV prevention services
Interested applicants fulfilling the above requirements are requested to submit their application and CVs with full details of qualifications and experiences through Beza Posterity Development Organization Kombolcha Head office p.o.box 115 or email email@example.com or directly to ethiojobs .net.