|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 1, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The HIV Service Director will be the technical expert for activities related to strengthening the comprehensive community-based HIV and AIDS treatment, care and support services, ensuring standards and quality of care, liaising with relevant advisers on health-related strategic information. S/he provides guidance on scientific, policy and practices associated with community-based HIV and AIDS treatment, care and support services. Together with the M&E and other relevant staff members s/he provides technical guidance and support to sub- awards in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of effective to HIV and AIDS services.
- Collaborates in implementing the overall project objectives strategies, budget priorities and operational plans of the project
- Lead activities that will improve engagement and retention in care for PLWHA
- Support collaboration with healthcare providers, public health entities and relevant community based organizations as appropriate to achieve the project goals
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal external stakeholders
- Promotes teamwork and cooperation needed for the success of the project
- Represent system HIV services to external agencies, community, public health and HIV/AIDS service agencies,
- Assure compliance with project HIV service standard and procedures other regulatory standards
- Ensure adequate availability and patient access to beneficiary services across the system
- Contribute to annual plan and budget preparation which aligns with the goals and objectives of the project
- Oversee development and utilization of grants to ensure effective use project resources
- Prepare and submit regular and timely performance reports to the COP adhering to USAID reporting requirements
- A minimum of MPH is required, preferably with degree in Medicine or Nursing degree and ten years of experience in clinical HIV treatment or HIV testing service delivery
- Experience in expanding access to essential comprehensive HIV and AIDS services is desirable.
- Specialized knowledge and demonstrated expertise in comprehensive HIV and AIDS services which is necessary for strengthening service delivery is required.
- Previous work program/project management experience, directly or indirectly, with USAID, PEPFAR, or other USG health programs required.
- Experience and good understanding of the Ethiopian health care delivery system including networking of the facility and community health system/the Urban Health Extension Program, local NGOs and other Civil Service Organizations providing services to PLHIV in the community is required.
- Experience in managing a project team composed of several technical experts and fostering teamwork is required.
- Ability to coordinate multiple assignments
- Skills in determining priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive professional attitude
- Ability to represent the project in a professional manner at all times
- Excellent written and communication skills in English language
- Skills in MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.
Location :Addis Ababa
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and application letter through the organizations email address [email protected] within 10 working days from the date of announcement.
Women and Persons with disability are highly encouraged