|Location||Adama, Ambo, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 10, 2021|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is a global not-for-profit organization that provides cutting-edge medicine and advocacy to more than 1.5million patients in 45 countries and is headquartered at Los Angeles, California, USA.
Since 1987, AHF has cared for thousands of people living with HIV and AIDS worldwide. As we create and implement unparalleled programs in new communities globally, we expand delivery of healthcare and influence over strategies with the sole aim of saving more lives.
The organization is looking for experienced candidates to health facilities where it is providing programmatic supports on HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment, and care for the following positions.
AHF–Ethiopia has agreed with Oromia Regional Health Bureau to partner in maximizing the effort of HIV prevention, treatment and care provided in different service units of two of its hospitals namely Adama Hospital & Medical College and Ambo General Hospital. The assigned candidates will execute the following respective duties and responsibilities to meet the stated objective.
The HTC Officer will ensure sustainable, high quality and client focused HIV Counselling and Testing services are provided in Adama/Ambo Hospital. S/He will oversee HTC program provision in AHF-supported facilities by providing technical support to the hospital and surroundings in the implementation of quality HTC services. S/He will ensure confidential counselling, quality HIV prevention education and referral of clients by HIV testing and counselling team in line with national requirements and standards. The HTC Officer will implement targeted outreach and community testing and ensure un-interrupted supply of commodities. S/He will oversee all relevant aspects in relation to planning, implementation, and monitoring all Counseling, Testing & Referral (CTR), and prevention education services for HIV negative & positive clients.
Essential Duties & responsibilities:
Key Result Area I - HIV Testing and Counseling
- Ensure provision of quality counselling & testing services and Referrals to targeted individuals with high-risk for contracting HIV/AIDS as per Ethiopian Government policy and strategies
- Conduct targeted outreach as per the Ethiopian government and AHF-Ethiopia guidelines
- Provide HIV related health information, education, referrals and linkage to medical care
- Assist individuals in receiving medical care for HIV infection and other support services
- Maintain accurate and complete participant records, tracking contact, counseling, testing, referrals, and outreach performance
- Communicate effectively with clients for appointments and follow-up on referrals
- Coordinate recruitment of high-risk individuals for HIV testing & prevention education
- Coordinate transportation for preliminary positive clients for confirmatory testing and linkage to medical care
- Take part in the development of a formal HIV testing outreach and marketing plan
- Develops and implements contextual referral and tracking system to ensure that HIV positive and negative clients are informed about, and have access to complementary services such as primary medical care, antiretroviral therapy (or other treatment options), risk reduction services, and other essential support services
- Assists with the development and facilitation of workshops, social events, service projects and community forums
- Provides members of the program team with administrative and logistical support, including but not limited to, day of event support, securing venues and maintaining supplies for community forums, workshops, outreach, social events and community service activities
- Ensures proper condom distribution and education to targeted population
Key Result Area II: Planning, Budgeting, Monitoring, Reporting, & Internal Communication
- Maintain accurate and current process, procedure of programs, and inventory logs of specific outreach & testing activities including other related health materials
- Ensure that accurate participant files, program forms and applicable licenses are maintained as required
- Provide supervision, mentoring and on-job training for testing team, including identification of capacity gaps and updating knowledge of counsellor testers on current HTC practices
- Ensure all clients’ HIV test results are documented on the appropriate Test Log and reported to the HIV Testing Support Program
- Maintain and reconcile essential forms and perform quality assurance activities on a weekly basis to ensure accuracy and correct discrepancies if any
- Ensure all staff performing HIV testing & prevention services are familiar with, and are complying with maintaining client confidentiality as well as government & AHF requirements
- Responsible for monitoring quantity & usage of test kits to ensure daily controls are performed
- Execute any related additional duties assigned by Counselors Coordinator and Prevention Program & AU Advocacy Liaison Manager
Number of Vacancies: Two (2)
Duty Station: Adama Town & Ambo Town
Education, Qualification, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health/HIV, Social Science or other relevant field from a recognized university
- At least five years’ experience in a field directly related to HIV/AIDS and above specified responsibilities
- Solid knowledge and experience on HIV Testing and Counseling
- Thorough understanding of HIV programs
- Demonstrate experience in designing, implementing & monitoring HTC programs & activities
Core Competencies and Specific Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and keen to work with good team spirit
- Proficient in computer & internet skills, including word processing, database and presentation software; experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and statistical analysis programs
- Effective time management and meeting deadlines without compromising quality
- Must be highly organized and demonstrate multi-tasking ability
- Flexible, proactive and able to organize work independently with minimum supervision
- Excellent written, verbal and inter-personal communication skills with good command of English & Amharic languages; have expert level skills in writing and speaking Oromiffa
Interested candidates should apply by email to: Regional Human Resources Manager – AHF Africa Bureau, through: Globalhr.Africa@ahf.org
Candidates should send their documents to the above stated address within ten (10) days of the announcement on Ethiojobs Website
The application is required to include cover letter of interest, detailed updated CV, copy of academic documents and other credentials that must be submitted before the deadline.
Please do not forget to write the position you are applying on the subject line of your email so that it will be directed to the right department.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview and written exam. Phone calls, physical visit to the organization about the result is strictly forbidden, and could be reason for disqualification.