|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 3, 2020|
|Category|| Hospitality |
Hotel / Restaurant
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The housekeeping supervisor is responsible for helping the executive housekeeper ensuring the operation of the housekeeping and laundry department in an attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous manner, providing all guests with quality service and a clean and safe environment throughout their stay, while efficiently managing expenses and maximizing service levels.
· Ensure that employees are at all times attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
· Inspect Room Attendant’s work performance within assigned section on a daily basis to ensure the standards and productivity levels are being met and maintained.
· In the absence of the Housekeeping Manager or Assistant Housekeeping Manager, inspect all V.I.P. rooms and report their availability to the Front Office, according to hotel standards.
· Oversee the closing of the floors at the end of the day, ensuring the Room Attendants’ carts are clean and restocked.
· Ensure records of daily assignments are completed, signed off and turned into the Housekeeping Office on time.
· Maintain key control.
· Handle items for "Lost and Found" according to the standards.
· Monitor cleanliness and orderliness of Room Attendants’ carts, linen closets, control closets, stairways and landings.
· Oversee the daily assignment of duties, ensuring Room Attendants and House Attendants carry a work assignment.
· Carry an active pager/radio to maintain contact with the Front Office and/or Engineering throughout the shift.
· Report on progress of all out-of-order rooms under the Housekeeping Department's supervision to the Guest Services Manager, according to standards.
· Initiate work orders for repairs and maintenance and forward to Engineering. Follow through on each work order until completed.
· Assist with training of Housekeeping staff.
· Ensure completion of cleaning projects on a biannual basis.
· Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
Minimum Selection Criteria:
· Certificate in Hotel Operation, HK Supervision or related field of study from accredited institution of higher education.
- A minimum of 2 years hotel experience as a Housekeeping Attendant.
Applicants who fulfill the above criteria can send their non-returnable CVs before the application deadline via firstname.lastname@example.org / Adanu.Taffese@ramadaaddis.com. However, to be considered, it is mandatory to include:
· Application Letter/Covering Letter, Amended Curriculum Vitae
· 3 references with valid contact details (Mobile #/Landline # and email address)
The name of the position for which the application is made should be clearly marked on the subject line with the position title. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.