|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 24, 2020|
|Category|| Administration |
Human Resource / HR
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Under the supervision of the HR/Admin Manager, the HR/Admin Assistant- Insurance provides human resources support which is related to insurance, visa, and permit issues, as well as intern’s payroll and processing for specific field offices while providing full-cycle HR support. He/she will also act as the focal point for international staff and track their leave and permits regularly. He/she will also handle and update internal databases and international staff tracking.
- Oversee and monitor all eligible employees that are covered by IRC’s medical and group term life insurance are updated on a weekly basis. Tracking should be updated and shared to field offices every month.
- Prepare Insurance premiums for the newly insured employees every month
- Prepare Insurance payments, collection & submit of receipts to the Insurance Company and distribute reimbursement to the staff.
- Process visas, work and residence permit for International staff and maintain updated tracking database for the status of work and residence permits.
- Prepare termination letters for international staff. Write exit/termination, employment, and other administrative letters.
- Prepare Acting allowance for all field offices
- Ensure assigned field office HR/Admin staff prepares pension payment in a timely manner.
- Review back payments, payroll adjustment for open and definite period employees for assigned field office.
- Prepare severance payment for open and definite period employees for assigned field offices.
- Follow up of employee contract extensions
- Review and assist in drafting personnel letters as required (transfer, Promotion, increment, acceptance of resignation, and others).
- Assist in preparation of vouchers for payment in relation to HR especially insurance, severance, permit and others
- Update national employee’s personnel data in Workday and help other staff in updating employee data
- Provide reception coverage when needed
- Work on special personal projects assigned by Supervisor.
- 1-year experience for degree holders, demonstrated ability for Diploma or Internship plus 9 months experience in office administration and human resource.
- NGO experience is a plus
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Strong organizational skills
- Computer literate especially word and excel
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability y to work under pressure
- University Degree/College diploma in Management, Business Administration, Accounting or related
- Excellent in English and Amharic both speaking & writing.
· Please include 3 references from current and former employers.
· Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
· Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be shortlisted and contacted.
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and implements policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.