|Location||Assosa, Benishangul Gumuz, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 3, 2020|
|Category|| Administration |
Human Resource / HR
|Job Type|| Internship |
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the largest humanitarian agencies in the world, responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive, recover, and rebuild their lives. The IRC has been working in Ethiopia for over 19 years implementing emergency and resilience programming in the areas of WASH, education, livelihoods, reproductive health, gender-based violence, and child and youth protection and development.
The IRC started its humanitarian intervention in BGRS in 2002GC. Over the past years it has implemented various Emergency Rapid Response and development projects benefiting both host communities and refugees. Currently the IRC Assosa Field Office, under its refugee interventions and host communities, is undertaking a comprehensive WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene), Health and gender-based violence/community wellbeing initiation projects to contribute to efforts to enhance the living conditions and wellbeing of population of refugee camps and the host communities of BGRS.
Under the supervision of HR/Admin Officer, the HR/Admin Intern will provide general Human Resource and administrative support for the department. She will manage different junior HR related activities including first phase recruitment processes, carry out administrative tasks like personnel file management, preparing & settling payments, and other clerical responsibilities as required.
Human Resource and Administration Related Issue
· Prepare job advertisement and post appropriate media for all local positions.
· Arrange incoming applications from internet (ethiojobs.net) and post office and makes first-phase screening. And makes first screening for lower grade positions when necessary.
· Arrangements for interviews and preparation of contracts for newly hired local staff.
· Makes flight bookings for all staff traveling on IRC business as well as for R&R.
· Manage all office supplies.
· Handles photocopying and scanning documents.
· Organize and document all the personnel files for all staffs of IRC on time and on a regular basis as per the personnel file check list of the organization.
· Audit the personnel files and check the fulfillment of all the mandatory documents and inform to the concerned HR person on time.
· Prepares payment requests for all administrative and human resource related payments when the need arises.
· Makes sure that all time and effort sheets are collected from all staffs and send to Addis HR.
- Assists in ordering & filing new employees contract agreement.
· Perform other tasks and support the team as per the assignment by the supervisor.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
a) Internal: All Assosa Field Office Staffs, Addis HR/Admin Department, ET-HR/Admin departments and others department too as necessary.
b) External: Relevant Government, Non-Government and International Organizations.
· Degree/Diploma in Human Resources Management, Management, Business Administration, Economics/Accounting, secretarial science and office management, Personnel Management or related field of studies from recognized universities/colleges.
· Fresh graduates or 0 year of experience.
Skills and Abilities
· Computer literate especially word and excel.
· Excellent communication skill as well as e-mail communication skill.
· Fast learner
· Strong desire to grow professionally
· Strong organizational skills
· Excellent language skill (in English and Amharic both speaking & writing.)
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Energetic and able to grasp new ideas.
· Please send your CV, application letter and copies of credential documents to the following address: IRC Assosa, P.O.BOX: 249
· Please include 3 references.
· Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
· Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short listed and contacted.
· Only Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply to the positions.
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
· Name of the position you have applied for
· Date of application
· Summary of your qualifications.
· Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
· Permanent Address and present address (if different form permanent) and telephone number
· Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
|Are any of your relatives employed by International Rescue committee (IRC)? If answer is “yes”, give the following information:|| YES NO|
Recruiter of the position: HR/Admin – Assosa
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.