|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 15, 2020|
|Category|| Human Resource / HR |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
- Source candidates, Screen resumes, interviewing, arranging for interviews by the employing departments, preparation and verification of employment offers and contracts, etc.
- Oversee the preparation and securing of entry and employment visas, residence permits and other legal documents for expatriate candidates/employees and families, as applicable
- Manage the process of “on-boarding” new employees; including orientation to HR policies and procedures, rights and obligations. Introduction to colleagues, opening a personnel file, activating medical insurance coverage, opening a bank account, issuing a company ID badge etc.
2. Project Staff Mobilization & Site Management
- Mobilize and manage all human resource to project site in accordance to ACWA Power guidelines and procedure.
- Confirmcompliance of labour laws in sites are as per the industry standards and also ensure safe and healthy working conditions for employees within the site.
3. Probationary Period
- Follow up and ensure that the performance of new employees during the probationary period is evaluated to determine whether or not the employee will be confirmed in employment.
- Initiating appropriate action in line with the final probationary report.
4. Medical and Life Insurance Supervise
· Supervise, maintain and renew employee’s medical & life insurance cards.
5. Employee Relations
· Provide support to employing departments in handling employee relations issues and guidance for handling grievances.
6. Leave Management
- Leave management through applied leaves policies and rules which should comply with the local labour law.
- Leave balance calculations and recommendations, adjustment and entitlement summaries.
7. Policies & Procedures
- Contribute to the development of HR policies and procedures, updating periodically to reflect developments and changes in the market as well as company requirement and ensuring proper implementation.
- Provide advice and support to departments for implementation and administration of the policies and procedures.
8. Training & Development & Performance Management.
- Organize and administer the function of training and development via assisting departments by researching and suggesting training programs, seminars and conferences that may be suitable for their purposes.
- Participate with the reviewing authorities to ensure work performance checks are in place.
- Bachelors in Business Administration/Human Resources or any relevant discipline
- CIPD or any relevant Human Resources certification is desirable
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in the HR field preferably from Energy, Engineering, Manufacturing Industry, EPC, Infrastructure or Oil& Gas.
- Prepared to travel to project site in Somali & Afar on a regular basis.
- Fluency in English with strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills with the ability to influence others
- Able to work with multi-cultural and multi-functional teams and leaders, and develop and maintain relationships across and between organizations.