|Location||Shire, Tigray, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 26, 2021|
|Category|| Business Administration |
Human Resource / HR
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Under the supervision of the HR/Admin Manager, the HR/Admin Officer provides general administrative, and human resources management including communication supports for the field office. The position is expected to support management support with key responsibility on human resources management to the current emergency in Tigray. The position holder is also expected to have versed representation skills and consistent communication with IRC staff, partners, and other clients of the organization. He/ She will be responsible for travel arrangement, filling system, workshop/meetings organization, and maintaining updated staff tracking. The position directly reports to HR/Admin Manager in the Shire.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Human Resources Management
· Maintain a thorough knowledge of human resource personnel policies, compensation policies and respond to questions for staff.
· Organize orientation for staff and make sure onboarding is given on time. Maintain records of orientations provided for each staff.
· Maintains up-to-date records of all kinds of leave for the National Staff in the HRMIS. Share extracted reports with staff and remind them to utilize them in the given fiscal year.
· Maintains up-to-date tracking of staff database and share with the HR/Admin Manager.
· Maintains up-to-date evaluation tracking of all staff (national and incentive). Follow up the timely evaluation of staff with supervisors and Field Coordinators.
· Implement the strategic talent acquisition throughout the recruitment and selection process. Post vacancy announcements both internally and externally as required. Identify additional posting places locally.
· Organize interview panel and assist in the selection of staff at field level. Maintain interview notes and interview tracking sheet for each position interview.
· Checks references for selected applicants. Increase local recruitments. Grade 1-3 is mandatory to be recruited locally.
· Prepares Employment Contract for local hires (national and incentive) employees and make sure that any new staff has signed all the mandatory reporting policies.
· Completes all personnel forms required and opens files with all the necessary documents for newly employed staff. Send copies of all personnel documents to Head Office.
· Personnel files are updated and maintained according to the personnel file check list.
· Prepares monthly OT summary sheet and payroll and submit to Finance for review. Send field level approved payroll and OT summary sheet to Addis.
· Responsible for collection of time and effort sheet reporting in the field and send to Addis according to the schedule.
· Submit medical expense claims of National Staff to the IRC Addis and follow up the collection of timely refunds.
· Provide support for HRMIS requests forwarded from staff.
· Prepares severance payment for terminated staff and sends to Addis for review.
· Maintain records of trainings conducted at field level including trainings conducted for incentive staff and shares with the Field Manager, in close coordination with the field staffs.
· Prepares back payments and payroll adjustments at the beginning of the month and sends to Addis for review.
· Updates the IRC contact sheet quarterly and send to Addis.
· Participates on the review of orientation manual/book.
· Provides trainings on performance management and assist employees in setting performance objectives.
· Follows up of individual staff performance issues and advice supervisors to take the required measures- report to Field Manager and HR/Admin Coordinator for follow up. Advice supervisors in disciplinary regulations and policies. Assist in drafting warning letters.
· Follows up of letters for work and residence permit and staffing issues with Government offices.
· More involvement in recruitment/more to hire locally.
· Provide HR and administrative support on regular basis to the staff.
· Performs any additional tasks as assigned to him by his/her supervisors.
- Postgraduate degree, First degree, or college diploma in Human Resource Management, Management, Public Administration, and related fields.
- 5 years of relevant experience for diploma holders, 2 years relevant experience with first degree, and 1-year experience for a postgraduate degree.
- NGO experience is a plus.
- Supervisory/basic managerial skills.
- Computer literate especially word and excel.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of how to use Web-based HRMIS/ Workday is a plus.
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are encouraged to apply only through the below IRC On-line recruitment website:
Please include 3 references from current and former employers.
Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short-listed and contacted.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
- Name of the position you have applied for
- Date of application
- Summary of your qualifications and experience
- Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
- Permanent Address and present address (if different from permanent) and telephone number if possible also email address
- Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
- IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
- Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.