|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 29, 2021|
|Category|| Human Resource / HR |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The International Rescue Committee, one of the world’s largest humanitarian international NGOs, provides relief, rehabilitation and development support to vulnerable people and communities over 30 countries. We began work in Ethiopia in 2000 in response to severe drought in Ethiopia’s Somali region and are currently providing assistance to Ethiopians and refugees in six regions in Ethiopia, implementing emergency and development programs in health, water and sanitation, economic recovery and development (ERD), women’s protection and empowerment, education, child protection, and multi-sectoral emergency response.
Summary Statement of Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the HR/Admin Manager, the HR/Admin Officer provides general Human Resource support for the Admin & HR department. He/she will be responsible for managing Workday update, Focal Peron for New/extension of VISA requests, ARRA Letters, Work & Residence permit renewal, Payroll & related payments, organogram. He /She will serve as focal point for national staff issues under field offices. The post holder supervises the HR Assistant - Insurance and HR/Admin Assistant- Travel provides technical support for him/her.
Detailed Responsibilities and Tasks
HR Talent Strategy and Talent Architecture:
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of IRC personnel policies and Implement IRC’s new Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures in every site of the field office along with ensure all HR/Admin activities are carried-out in adherence to these standards.
- Participate in reviewing national staff policies and Recommend changes/additions/deletions
- Promote and uphold THE IRC Way: Standards for Professional Conduct.
- Under the guidance of the Assistant HR/Admin coordinator, provide support to program and operations staff in interpretation of HR policies and procedures and provide technical support on HR issues.
- Foster and facilitate the development of cooperative professional relations between and among staff at all levels.
- Provide advice and support to Field HR teams in interpretation of HR policies and procedures and provide technical support on HR and Admin related matters, including but not limited to, recruitment, orientation, career development, performance evaluation, disciplinary action and separation
Talent Acquisition and management:
- Participate in recruitment process of hire positions.
- Review the recruitment documents and validate all new hires credentials and ensuring new employee’s paper work/hire pack is processed accurately.
- Ensure that recruitment process is fair and transparent and in line with IRC Global HR policies and procedures.
- Ensure proper orientation for all new staff in with periodic follow up field visits for additional support to field teams; collaborate and coordinate with other departments to provide an engaging and welcoming orientation.
- Advise and conduct employees on exit management process for exiting employees and maintain its copies on the file.
- Provide technical support and on job trainings for field based HR/ admin staff.
- Give organized feedback regarding field offices monthly to the HR/Admin Coordinator.
- Follow up on the implementation of improvement plan according to the feedbacks given at the time of coaching or any collected feedbacks from the Roving HR/Admin Manager.
- Responsible to process timely renewal/request of new Work & residence permit for Permit for international staff.
- Responsible to follow up on insurance reimbursement claims and provide appropriate response to each complains.
- Responsible to update the TOR, participate in biding process and in collaboration with SC team ensure a timely procurement of Travel agent, Hotel and Insurance services.
- Responsible to provide cash forecasting.
HRMIS and Payroll Management
- Review new employees contract agreement for field office and ensure the new employees’ data is up to date on workday before the contract is approved
- Responsible to lead on time submission of the payrolls for field office.
- Provide orientation on HRMIS application for new hires and up on the need of line managers
HR Service and Administration:
- Lead timely Expats Residence and Work permit renewal
- Advice new extension Visa requests.
- Maintain an updated and audit free employee files both in hard copy and scanned
- Responsible to maintain payroll related documents and information are kept properly.
- Work with HR in the field to improve the information gap by using HRMIS as a payroll information sources.
- Ensure fields HR/Admin staffs prepare pension payment in timely manner. Ensure pension payment in relation to the back payments should be prepared and paid in a timely manner.
- Review back payments, payroll adjustment for open and definite period employees.
- Prepare severance payments for open and definite period employees.
- Ensure updated tracking for back payments and communicate them timely.
- Ensure field HR/Admin staff prepare pension payment in timely manner.
- Ensure that all personnel documents for Field staff are updated and maintained in the personnel files including ex-staff files.
- Assist in writing of personnel letters as required (transfer, Promotion, increment, acceptance of resignation and others.
- Work on special personal projects assigned by HR/Admin Manager or HR/Admin Coordinator.
Supervision and Support
- Lead, train, coach the Admin assistant create detailed plan to build capacity including performance objectives and development in collaboration with HR/Admin Manager. Conduct performance evaluation for the subordinates timely.
- Work on the career development plan of the subordinate
- Provide technical support and on job trainings for field based HR/ admin staff
- Ensure that the subordinator is working in a harmonized manner.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: CD, Program, Logistics and Finance Departments and all IRC field offices.
- External: Relevant Government, Non-Government and international organizations.
- University Degree/College diploma in Management, Business Administration, Accounting or related
- 2 years’ experience for degree holders and 3 years of experience in office administration and human resource.
- NGO experience in Human resource is preferable.
- Strong organizational skills
- Computer literate especially word and excel.
- Excellent in English and Amharic both speaking & writing.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are encouraged to apply only through the below IRC On-line recruitment website:
Please include 3 references from current and former employers.
Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short listed and contacted.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
- Name of the position you have applied for
- Date of application
- Summary of your qualifications and experience
- Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
- Permanent Address and present address (if different from permanent) and telephone number if possible also email address
- Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
|Are any of your relatives employed by International Rescue committee (IRC)? If answer is “yes”, give the following information:|| YES NO|
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.