|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||November 5, 2021|
|Category|| Human Resource / HR |
|Job Type|| Part-time |
ZOA works with committed and motivated staff in serving millions of people affected by poverty, disaster, injustice and conflicts. Through the efforts of our dedicated staff, we are able to bring Signs of Hope and to support people who suffer due to armed conflict or natural disasters by helping them to rebuild their livelihoods.
We value our employees and offer a wide range of benefits to meet the specific needs of our staff and their families. However, ZOA has a zero tolerance towards violation of safeguarding policies like Child Protection & Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuses.
Because ZOA highly values Integrity, we also expect all colleagues to sign up for and adhere to our Code of Conduct. As part of its recruitment process, ZOA carries out rigorous background and reference checks for all candidates, which will include checking government sanction lists and possibly criminal records. As ZOA also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme, all reference checks include a written questionnaire, the “Statement of Conduct”, which will be sent to past employers regarding Misconduct (such as sexual exploitation, abuse or harassment). This Statement of Conduct adopts the definitions used in the Scheme. The provision of references by ZOA will be subject to the Scheme as well.
Working closely with the HR Coordinator and other relevant ZOA’s staffs, the HR adviser will support in contextualizing the ZOA Ethiopia HR policies and procedures and provide fruitful human capital advice. In addition, the HR adviser will take play a role as change agent in relations to HR department improvisations and developments.
- Reviewing and revising current ZOA’s HR Policy, guidelines and other relevant HR formats and templates so as to ensure that formats will support staffs with simplicities without compromising the compliances. Assist in the development and integration of policies
- Conduct research through various methods to identify a problematic situation or find the cause
- Conduct internal surveys to gather employee feedback and identify areas of improvement
- Suggest new HR technology solutions to improve day-to-day operations
- Improvisations of the HR department system so as ensue the HR functions performed in most effective and efficient ways
- Detailed job descriptions for the identified positions (functions, roles and responsibilities)
- Refurbish knowledge of advancements and present new ideas
- Devise plans and techniques to drive change and culture management
- Provide advice and recommendations to HR department for resolution of daily issues
- Review existing HR systems and processes and make modifications to address issues
- Formulate strategic and practical plans to address human resource matters
- Proven work experience as an HR Advisor, HR Consultant, Researcher or other similar role
- MSc/MA in HR or Organizational Psychology or other related fields
- Knowledge of Ethiopian labor legislation
- Hands-on experience with Human Resources Management Software (HRMS) or related programme software
- Ability to design clear and fair organization HR policy
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and communication skills
- Problem-solving attitude
- Communication, representation, negotiation, and leadership skills
- Strategic thinking and planning skills, ability to set priorities, prepare manageable work plans, and evaluate progress
- Maintain confidentiality
Duration of employment
- 4 months
If you are interested in this position, please apply via ethiojobs.net by sending your CV and a motivation letter indicating your suitability for this position to before the due date
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in your CV or motivation letter.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. It is our aim to inform candidates of their status in the recruitment process within 4 weeks after the vacancy has closed. A written test will be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results. Also we reserve the right to stop accepting applications before the end date if we find a suitable candidate.