|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 15, 2021|
|Category|| Human Resource / HR |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
HR and Admin Officer is a responsible for providing support in the various human resources and functions, which include recruitment, staffing, onboarding, training and development, performance monitoring, ensuring policies and procedure are being implemented by internal and outsourced staff. In addition, the position holder is responsible for administration on insurance and being the point of contact for the outsourced staff.
Processing Recruitment, Selection and Onboarding
- Support in receiving a job order, source candidates, screen applicants, shortlist candidates, interview candidates, conduct testing and extend a job offer with Department Head.
- Support in planning, implementing and manage the overall Talent Acquisition strategy.
- Ensuring new staff have smoothly onboarding to the organization and Clients.
- Preparing contract for internal and outsourced new staff.
- Directly communication with New staff for Personnel service on onboarding.
- Support in the orientation process for internal and outsourced staff.
- Supporting the HR Manager and Department Heads in Identifying areas of employee development.
- Scheduling and supporting the Department heads on Performance evaluation.
- Proper documentation of the Performance Evaluation for each internal and outsourced staff.
Training and Development
- Support in developing schedule and implementing training programs with Training Department.
- Collaboarting with HR Manager and Training department in ensures that employees receive the appropriate training (whether in-house or off-site) to adequately perform their jobs and proper documentation of the training process.
- Assists with change management and performance management needs of the organization
Policy and Procedure
- Support in implementation of HR Policies and Manual and providing Employee Handbook.
- Ensuring Policies and Procedure of the organization are being implement by internal and outsourced staff
- Follow up whether the policies and procedures are being implemented and report to the Department head to take action.
- Contacting Insurance on the coverage for New employee for internal and outsourced
- Follow up with the renewal of insurance for outsourced staff and informing the finance on the quotes from the insurance.
- Following up with employee’s medical reimbursement from insurance outsourced staff.
- Keeping track on employees annual leave.
- Reporting to the government office monthly on new hires for internal and outsourced staff.
- Being the contact person for any inquiries from outsourced staff.
- Preparing Letter for extension, work experience and other related for internal and outsourced staff.
- Reporting weekly and Monthly on the progress of internal and outsourced staff.
- Proper documentation of the Internal and External staff files.
- Ensuring careful implementation of payroll and benefits administration.
- BA Degree in Management or in HR-related fields of study from an accredited institution.
- At least four years experience in Human Resource Administration
- Sound knowledge of Ethiopian Labor Proclamation in force
- Skill to use a personal computer and various software packages
- Full understanding of HR functions and best practices.
- Knowledge of modern business communication, including style and format of letters, memoranda, minutes, and reports.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems.
Interested and qualified applicants can send their CV to
Note: Use "HR and Admin Officer" as the subject line of your email!