|Location||Bahirdar, Amhara, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 7, 2021|
|Category|| Human Resource / HR |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Who we are
SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia is an International Non-governmental organization and a member of SOS Children’s Villages International Federation. The organization started its humanitarian work with the opening of its first Village in Mekelle, Northern part of Ethiopia in 1974. The organization has been providing life-saving provisions such as food, water and health services for a very significant number of children devastated by severe drought and the subsequent famine.
Today, we have grown significantly to meet the persistent challenges that confront Ethiopian children who have lost parental care and are at risk of losing their parental care. Working in close collaboration with international donors, local government and community based organizations across seven program locations; SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia aspires that every child grows up with love, respect and security.
Why we need you?
We are looking for an HR & OP Manager who will be responsible for effective provision of all HR and Operation services in the programme Location
What we provide...
An amazing work environment that promotes personal growth through providing professional space to grow and advance your career!!
As an HR & Operations Manager, you will be in charge of the following:
- Plans and prepares budgetary requirements of human resource, procurement, maintenance of property and general services
- Leads preparation and development of program location yearly HR plan and oversees its implementation.
- Participates in the budgeting process, monitors HR financial performance by coordinating with Program Finance Manager and Program Coordinators.
- Provides support for project team in preparing project budget related to HR.
- Prepares and circulates vacancy announcements, assist in designating assessment tools, evaluates applications, arranges and participates in interviews and makes recommendations; prepares job offers and related documents for successful candidates.
- Processes facilitate and implement decisions of promotion, transfer, termination and other staff decisions as per the policies and procedures thereon.
- Provides relevant statistical information and data on program HR activities including gender analysis and provides information to interested groups and National Office regarding employment opportunities
- Ensure that exit procedures are properly followed during co-workers’ resignation and makes sure that the organization is free from any contingent liabilities.
- Oversees the administration of benefits programs within the program location including the enrolment of benefits for eligible co-workers and the removal of departed ones.
- Keeps up-to-date with the latest development in employment related laws in the country; ensure that SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia/Organization complies with all Government statutory regulations.
- Completes payroll related information and ensures all information are accurate and communicated on time to Program Finance Manager.
- Monitors and manages co-worker relations issues, maintains confidential records related to grievances and complaints and coordinates their resolution; conducts investigations and seek for NO support to liaise with legal consultants to resolve cases when needed.
- Reviews and provides advice on interpretation of HR policies, regulations and rules; informs staff of their rights, responsibilities, code of conduct, sexual exploitation and harassment, anti-fraud and anti-corruption policies and difficulties associated with work and entitlements
- Facilitates the implementation of SOS CVE performance Management system; ensures that managers are equipped with the necessary skills to conduct probationary appraisal, mid-term review, and annual appraisals and keep records of PAT.
- Perform General Services, Logistics and Administration tasks
- Performs other similar activities as assigned by the Programme Director
Up for the challenge...
Then check out our criteria’s:
The must haves:
- BA degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Management or other related fields of studies
- Knowledge of the principles and procedures of basic HR practices such as staff recruitment, compensation and benefit management, employee relation and HRIS.
- Knowledge and understanding of local employment standards, occupational health & safety and human rights legislation
- Excellent command of both English and Amharic languages
- Computer literacy, especially familiar with MS Office.
- Self-motivated and highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong team player
- Good facilitation skills
- Flexible, comfortable with deadlines and able to work well under pressure.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and foster trust and respect.
- Ability to maintain a fair balance between seeking the interests of the staff and safeguarding the principles and integrity of the organization
- Ability to take an impartial stand on HR issues and recommend courses of action
Excited to take on an new Adventure...….
Then send us your application through
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply
"Our selection process is a reflection of our engagement and dedication to acquire talents that promote a safe and enabling environment for children and young people."