|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 30, 2021|
|Category|| Human Resource / HR |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Organizational and Program highlights
Integrated Service on Health and Development Organization (ISHDO) is registered non-governmental organization. Integrated Service on Health and Development Organization (ISHDO) is registered non-governmental organization. It was established in 1997 as local NGO. It has been funded by different Donors and implement different projects. Currently there are 2 major projects on HIV Prevention Care and treatment. Among these, one is USAID Family Focused HIV prevention Care and Treatment Activity.
Under the supervision of the Human Resources Officer, the HR Assistant is responsible to provide support to the day-to-day operations of the HR functions and duties. He will also responsible to provide clerical and administrative support to the human resources.
The human resources assistant will be responsible to compile and update employee records with hard and soft copies. He will be also responsible to provide support in the process of documentation and prepare reports relating to recruitment, selection, promotion, demotion, transfer etc .
Detail Job responsibilities
- Assist with day-to-day operations of the HR functions and duties
- Provide clerical and administrative support to Human Resources department
- Compile and follow-up and update employee records and staff file organization (hard and soft copies)
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations etc)
- Coordinate HR activities induction, all staff meetings and staff surveys and take minutes
- Deal with employee requests regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (absences, bonus, leaves, etc)
- Follow-up staff benefit packages and communicate with Finance including communication allowances and other benefits
- Handling of medical insurance documents of staffs and follow-up with insurance for reimbursement
- Represent HR in interviews of staffs and ensure recruitment procedure are adhered at the field level recruitment
- Properly handle complaints and grievance procedures
- Coordinate communication with candidates and schedule interviews and follow-up reference completion
- Conduct initial orientation to newly hired employees
- Assist recruiting to source candidates and update staff database
- Performa other duties as assigned by supervisor
Required education and experiences
- BA Degree in the field of Human Resources Management, Business Administration management and related field
- Minimum of three years experience in human resources management as HR assistant at local and international NGO setting and work in challenging environment.
- Language proficiency in written and spoken English
- Experience in personnel file documentation
- Excellent knowledge of employment legislation and the regulatory framework of Ethiopia
- Strong knowledge of latest HR trends in the development sector
- Team player, and able to work independently
- Commitment to the wellbeing of children and safeguarding and child protection and sexual violence protection matters.
Interested candidates are required to fill the attached application form and submit the form along with their CV and application letter from the link below
through the organization’s email address firstname.lastname@example.org within 5 working days from the date of the announcement. Please write the position you applied for, in the subject area.
ISHDO provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.