|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 8, 2021|
|Category|| Business Administration |
Human Resource / HR
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The post holder is responsible for planning and implementing recruitment and staffing strategies with special emphasis on creating and maintaining a well qualified and diverse pool of candidates in a timely and cost effective manner for Addis Ababa based departments/units. S/he will also be responsible for recruitment & selection process of staff Addis Ababa office; maintains proper documentation of the selection process and prepares periodic reports; performs other related tasks as required.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Head of HR
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
Job specific roles and responsibilities
- Engage in staff recruitment and selection process in order to ensure a timely organized and comprehensive procedure is used to hire staff.
- Implement staff recruitment and selection policies and procedures; and propose changes for effective staffing processes.
- Ensure that announcements are followed up, properly handled and short listing made on time in consultation with the hiring managers.
- Conduct preliminary screening of applications based on stated requirements and pass on long lists together with applications and CVs to hiring manager to do the shortlist.
- In consultation with the hiring manager, organize and conduct job interviews for positions below 3A and as delegated by HR Manager/HR Advisor/HRD.
- Together with interview panel, assess good qualities as well as shortcoming or areas of concern about the candidates and judging them efficiently.
- Jointly with the recruitment panel, recommends suitable candidates and agrees on the hiring process with the HR team.
- Design, develop and suggest recruitment solutions and networking techniques in the organization to ensure an efficient and fast process.
- Prepare recruitment planner, document and record the recruitment process.
- Manage and monitor applicants tracking system to ensure process is being followed.
- Develop and recommend new forms, tests, systems and procedures to facilitate and improve recruitment process exploring the market’s best practices in this field;
- Provide recruitment updates to hiring managers periodically on the status of staffing requests.
- Advise hiring managers in different subsidiaries on the best recruitment and selection practices, establishing healthy working relationships with the department heads of different business units to manage the sourcing processes.
- Conduct reference checking/staff vetting and final negotiations for open positions in his/her portfolio.
- Send out regret letter to unsuccessful candidates in a given recruitment process.
- Ensure dissemination of job adverts through all appropriate channels including the full utilization of the social media, professional networks, associations and others depending on the targeted niches; and support advertising vacancies by drafting and placing job postings in a wide range of media (e.g. recruitment agencies, newspapers, websites, magazines).
- Suggest training needs on recruitment best practices and interviewing techniques.
- Compile biweekly recruitment report.
- Manage and update the department’s recruitment tracker.
- Prepare comprehensive bimonthly and quarterly report on key result areas in relation to the post.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual departmental report.
- Prepare reports of field visits conducted if any.
- Liaise with Field HR team to receive timely updates on staffing to ensure that all new recruits are ensured against life insurance coverage.
- Coordinate with the insurer in providing timely staffing information on new recruits as well as employees leaving SCI for amendment.
- Extend support on boarding, training and development.
- Extend support on consultancy recruitment
- Taking part on HR Self Audit
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
MINIMUM QUALFICATION, EXPEREINCE, COMPETENCIES
- B.A. degree in Management, Business Administration and/or Human Resources Management.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience.
- Significant experience as a recruiter.
- A strong background in creative sourcing of talent preferably in a complex organization setup.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent knowledge of recruiting techniques and employment policies and procedures as it pertains to recruitment to include applicable EEO and Child safeguarding regulations.
- Detail oriented and can exercise sound judgment.
- Able to work independently but enjoys collaborating and working in a team environment.
- Strong negotiation and contract management skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize a high volume of requisitions.
- Ability to maintain confidential Company information
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong analytical, written and verbal skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a high volume recruiting environment
- Ability to work with all levels of employees/management
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Demonstrate success in initiating organizational directives and bringing recruitment process to successful completion
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Scope & complexity of decision making (choose the appropriate description and delete the rest)
- Expected to make decisions on well-established procedures, under close supervision
PERCENTAGE OF TRAVEL (Out of duty station if applicable) .
Women candidates are more encouraged
SC Values are:
Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. To meet the value system the post holder is expected to demonstrate the following Competencies on ongoing bases ( this varies according to the position please consider the below as example)
- Leading ( align with Ambition, Integrity collaboration and creativity)
Leading and Inspiring Others: Demonstrate leadership in all our work, role models our values and articulates a compiling vision to inspire to achieve our goals for children
Delivering result: Takes personal responsibility and holds others to account to deliver our ambitious goals for children, continually improving own performance or that of the team/ organization.
Developing Self and Others: Invest time and energy to actively develop self and others to help realize their full potential and to build the organization capability for the further.
- Thinking ( align with Ambition, creativity, Collaboration and Creativity)
Problem solving and decision making: Takes effective, considered and timely decisions by gathering and evaluating relevant information from within or outside the organization and making appropriate judgements.
Innovating and Adapting: Develop and implement innovative solutions to adapt and succeed in an ever-changing uncertain work and global environment.
Applying technical and professional expertise: Applies the required technical and professional expertise to the highest standards; promotes and shares best practice within and outside the organization..
- Engaging ( align with Collaboration, Creativity,
Networking: Builds and use sustainable relationship to support the work of save the children
Working effectively with others Works collaboratively to achieve shared goals and thrives on diversity of people and perspectives; knows when to lead and when to follow and how to ensure effective cross-boundary working.
Communicating with Impact: Communicates clearly and confidently with others to engage and influence; promotes dialogue and ensures timely and appropriate messages, building confidence and trust with others.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.