|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 7, 2021|
|Category|| Human Resource / HR |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Purpose of the Job:
To support the acquisition, development, motivation and retention of talent by providing streamlined shared human resources services including administration of recruitment, employee data, attendance, payroll and leave for the company.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare notices and advertisements for vacant positions, receive applications and testimonials of candidates for vacant posts, screen applicants for basic compliance with position qualifications; and summarize resume for easier evaluation during follow-on steps.
- Conduct background and reference checks on shortlisted candidates to ensure authenticity of information provided during candidates’ interview sessions.
- Ensure completion of all employment formalities such as pre-employment medical check, registration with the social security fund, due completion of all staff forms for record purposes.
- Prepare employment contracts and administer them to new employees, ensuring accuracy in contract information and agreed salaries.
- Follow-up new hires probation period performance evaluation and issue permanent assignment or termination letter as the case may be.
- Provide all the required payroll input to Finance Department for payment.
- Compile the required information for employees’ pension scheme and submit to the relevant authority on time.
- Monitor attendance of employees and prepare periodic report on absenteeism and share with Management.
- Coordinate employee disciplinary process to formally address employee misconduct by receiving disciplinary complaints and organizing committee to investigate and decide on the case.
- Receive employee grievances, and coordinate the process to hear and decide the outcome of a grievance raised by an employee.
- Collect and compile employee annual leave schedules.
- Coordinate performance appraisals and assist managers in the process.
- Send out appropriate pre-training information including training schedules, training materials to delegates/managers in advance of training courses.
- Archive records of training, including course content, the training, training suppliers, the list of employees who are trained, results, and feedback.
- Collect, organize, maintain and administer employee data.
- Advice and assist line managers in managing and addressing grievance/complaint handling and disciplinary matters.
- Provide all HR forms (e.g. performance appraisal, application, leave, employee grievance etc.), collect completed forms, forward them for follow-on actions, or enter relevant data into an electronic system.
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, HRM, Business Administration, or related fields with two (2) years of directly related experience.