|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 25, 2022|
|Category|| Human Resource / HR |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
ZOA works in several regions in Ethiopia: Gambella Regional State (field office in Gambella Town), Somali Regional State (field office in Dolo Ado and Melkadida refugee camp), Tigray Regional State (field office in Shire and Mekelle), Oromia Regional State (field office in Harar), Amhara and Addis Ababa. In Ethiopia, ZOA works with Internally Displaced People (IDPs), host populations, persons with disabilities, returnees, and a large population of refugees who fled a combination of violence and drought in Somalia, South Sudan and Eritrea.
What we offer
ZOA offers a challenging position with a lot of responsibilities. We offer good benefits and remuneration which suits the NGO sector (including, but not limited to: medical, accident and life insurances, provident fund, training options).
The objective of this role is providing support in the various human resources functions of ZOA Ethiopia, which include recruitment, staffing, onboarding, training and development, performance monitoring, ensuring policies and procedure are being implemented by country and project staffs. In addition, the position holder is responsible for HR Administration activities.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The HR Officer is responsible to ensure compliance and timely processing of all HR activities in accordance with ZOA HR Policy and Procedures.
- Maintain an oversight of contract periods and initiates discussion on extensions through line managers.
- Ensure access to benefits for staff and maintain up to date recodes on usage.
- Support coordination and capacity building of staff and line managers to improve individual performance and organizational objectives
- Provide HR related data, information and reports to Finance monthly and to other departments as requested.
- Provide technical overview for ZOA staff to ensure all annual leave days are utilized as per HR policy.
- Ensure vacancy announcements are done timely based on specific job descriptions and skill requirements as per proposed JDs and disseminate the announcement of job opportunities internally and externally, on Employee Central as widely as possible through innovative ways.
- Ensure job applications, timely accomplish longlisting, coordinate with line manager to undertake short listing and arrange assessments/interviews are finished within recruitment lead time.
- Ensure pre-employment requirements like reference check, police report are met by potential candidates before job offer is made.
- Ensure that all ZOA employees are registered with the pension scheme and appropriate records are created or updated with PEOSSA.
- Coordinate timesheet from all ZOA staff, facilitate approval and ensure accurate documentation.
- Ensure all employees have a current contract of employment and comply with all human resource policies and practice, local labor law and ZOA Ethiopia country and global policies.
- Coordinate emergency recruitment support services to ensure HR delivers effective recruitment support to recruiting managers in accordance with agreed standards and timelines.
- Ensuring all development and emergency staffs have active employment contract, follow their probationary period and ensure all their entitlements are as per the policy of the organization.
- Ensure the recruitment and selection of all the emergency response projects of ZOA are done timely.
- Ensure acknowledgement of all ZOA policies are signed by all staff as required.
- Carry out other duties such take minutes of office meetings as requested by the supervisor.
- Update the filing system and manage filing the office documents for both hard and electronic copies.
- Keep documentation of all government and partners agreements, reports both in soft and hard copy maintained.
- Responsible for facilitating induction trainings, workshops and conferences
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· BA Degree in Management, Public/Business Administration, HR Management or other related fields;
· Recommended a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience preferably NGOs Experience working in a complex multi-culture working contexts in human resources, Management/Administration.
· Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation, and coaching.
· Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
· Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets
· Experience in solving complex issues through analysis, the definition of a clear way forward, and ensuring buy-in.
· Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner
· Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
· Commitment to ZOA values
· Excellent interpersonal and representational skills.
· Excellent spoken and written English language skills.
· Experience of managing a large budget and an understanding of grant and finance management.
· Computer/IT literate - Mandatory.