|Location||Jewi and Tierkidi and Tierkidi, Gambela, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 15, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
Education / Teaching
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Planning and Reporting:
- In close collaboration with woreda education offices prepare annual, quarter’s action plan, and ensures timely submission at the respective woreda level.
- Provide follow-up and technical support for schools and woreda education offices ensure preparation of timely and quality quarterly and annual project progress reports on the prepared formats
- Compile school annual plan, reports at the respective woreda level, and ensures timely submission for Gambella Field Office.
- Prepare compiled quarter and annual plan, report of the project for relevant government bodies at their respective woreda level, and ensures timely submission.
Coordination and Management of Projects Implementation
- Ensure the EAC project is implemented in ways responsive to teachers, the community, and children in line
with Save the Children principles, values and strategic plan and following Save the Children compliance
procedures and provide guidance and technical support to Woreda Education Offices.
- Ensures integration of activities of government stakeholders and the Improvement of Quality Basic
- Education and Child wellbeing project and strengthen collaboration at woreda level
- Identify gaps and provide technical and capacity building support for all stakeholders and WEO.
- In close collaboration with the Project Manager and other support units (at Field Office level) , WEO and other government stakeholders, facilitate on time implementation of the project activities based on the action plan and ensure implementation quality
- Ensure active participation of children and other stakeholders in the project activities implementation
Supervision and Monitoring
- In collaboration with the Programme Coordinator and government stakeholders, maintain strong
supervision and monitoring system to measure achievement and progress toward the project objectives
and expected outcomes and impacts
- Conduct monitoring and supervision of the planned project activities implementation and provide
technical support to WEO and intervention schools to improve activities implementation quality
- Strengthen participatory and collaborative supervision and monitoring system including active
participation of children
Staff Management and Mentorship
- Strengthen team spirit and team work
- Ensure that WEO schools understand and are able to perform their role based on the project objectives
and expected outcomes
- In collaboration with the Programme Coordinator, facilitate recruitment and capacity building support of
consultants as appropriate.
- In close collaboration with the Programme Coordinator, provide leadership and manage the performance of intervention schools
- In collaboration with the Programme Coordinator and other SCI and government stakeholders staff, identify gaps and facilitate capacity building training and other support for supervisors, teachers, directors students and other stakeholders
- Arrange experience-sharing media among schools and other stakeholders.
- Ensure that the required appropriate technical support is provided for directors, teachers, supervisors and students on time and strengthen team spirit and collaborative work.
Perform any other activities based on line manager’s assignment
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
§ Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
§ Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
§ Sets ambitious and challenging goals for himself/herself (and their team), takes responsibility for his/her own personal development and encourages others to do the same
§ Widely shares his/her personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
§ Future orientated, thinks strategically
§ Builds and maintains effective relationships, his/her team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
§ Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
§ Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
§ Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
§ Willing to take disciplined risks
Honest, encourages openness and transparency
MINIMUM QUALFICATION, EXPEREINCE, COMPETENCIES:
- Degree in Education and other social sciences
- Minimum of 4 years working experience preferable with NGOs especially in development and emergency education projects.
- Willingness to live in a hardship area
- Team working and ability to work under pressure.
- Computer skills (Microsoft word and excel).
- Good communication skills – in English, Amharic and local language.
- Good organisation and attention to detail
- Strong report writing skills
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en