|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 29, 2021|
|Category|| Accounting |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
LonAdd HR Consultancy Plc (www.lonadd.com) is a Recruitment & Outsourcing Company based in Addis Abeba, Ethiopia, with branch offices in Dukem and Hawassa.
We are recruiting an HR and Admin Manager for a Commercial building/mall on behalf of our Client.
The position is responsible for performing HR-related duties in the functional areas of benefit administration, employee relations, recruitment, onboarding, HR policy design and implementation, as well as employment-law compliance. The position is also responsible for administrative and operational duties, IT oversight and vendor management.
The HR & Administration Manager will perform duties with all due diligence, efficiency and economy, in accordance with appropriate professional standards.
HR and Finance:
- Coordinate all company’s efforts related to recruitment, onboarding, and termination of full-time, part-time, and temporary and outsourced employees;
- Draft and manage employment and consulting contracts;
- Develop, implement and manage staff performance and professional development plan that aligns with the company’s mission, vision, and objectives and drives high performance;
- Nurture a positive working environment and define employee relations practices necessary to promote a high level of employee morale, engagement, and motivation;
- Create and maintain master HR files; ensure paperwork is complete and compliant with regulatory requirements and company needs;
- Oversee payroll calculations and benefit administration;
- Complete periodic reconciliation of benefits and payroll records and rectify issues in a timely manner;
- Design HR policies, procedural manuals and guiding templates;
- Administer HR policies and procedures and periodic updates to employee handbook;
- Assist staff with HR-related questions and issues and provide periodic communication on benefits and related information to employees;
- Implement and manage the company’s recruitment processes;
- Continuously work on developing the most effective and economical recruitment methods and ensure that they align with current and future needs for the company’s human capital;
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations;
- Maintains compliance with local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance;
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law;
Admin and General services:
- Coordinate and manage the external and internal correspondences from Human Resource and Administration department;
- Manage all service providers/vendor and Tenants contracts including negotiation and administration.
- Coordinate mall employees
- Manage budget and expenditures
- Revise mall Leasing prices as per the existing market range.
- Oversee procurement activities including procurement planning, evaluating suppliers, goods and services, negotiating contracts, and ensuring approved purchases are cost-efficient and of high quality;
- Ensure effective office management including facilities, internet and communications, office supplies, administrative procedures, inventory control, and office staff supervision;
- Ensure high quality logistical services, and implement systems to ensure efficient allocation and utilization of supplies, facilities and transport services;
- Undertake other activities as delegated by the supervisor;
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s or BA Degree in business administration, Management, Finance/accounting, Law or any relevant field;
- Professional HR qualification certificate is an added advantage;
- Must have a minimum of 7 years of experience in HR and Administration role, with at least 3 years of management experience;
- Strong knowledge of the Ethiopian Labor laws and legal requirements;
- Language proficiency in English and Amharic;
Competency and skill:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in Amharic and English
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational abilities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Perform all tasks with responsibility and accountability
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn new talent management systems.
- Detail and solution oriented.
- Precision and accuracy in files and record keeping.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondences.
Interested applicants with the appropriate qualifications and experience should submit their most recent and detailed CV only, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by putting Application for Human Resource and Administration Manager in the subject box.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.