We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Since the early 1970s, we have been working to address the underlying causes of poverty and marginalization by focusing on developing sustainable livelihoods, providing water and sanitation, agriculture, climate research, gender, and humanitarian issues.
|DIVISION: Operations||TEAM: Human Resource|
|LOCATION: Gambella with frequent travel to the field in Gambella.||CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed Term contract|
|GRADE: C2 National ||JOB FAMILY: Human Resources|
|SALARY: As per the Oxfam benefit Package||HOURS: 37.5 hours per week|
We believe flexible working is key to building the Oxfam of the future, so we’re open to talking through the type of flexible arrangements which might work for you. This is a full-time role; however, Oxfam offers various flexible arrangements which candidates can discuss with the Recruiting Manager at the interview stage
The purpose of the Human Resources team is to maintain a fair, equitable, and positive work environment for all employees in support of the values and goals of Oxfam in Ethiopia. In pursuit of this HR, Team undertakes to provide professional HR consultation to the Country Programme regarding staffing, organizational effectiveness, training and development, reward and benefits compensation, social justice, equality, and related practices
The human Resource Coordinator is to partner with the program leads and Managers on matters relating to proactive and responsive HR support to the staff and on implementation of strategic HR-related matters across Oxfam in the Gambella office.
To implement policies and procedures relating to recruitment, onboarding, performance management, and HR Administration in collaboration with line managers and supporting strong HR business partnering and professional people management standards and processes across the Country Programme.
To act as a focal point for Operations and staff development in Oxfam Gambella, and responsible to ensure all compliances and coordination for day-to-day HR Operations, including HRIS, Compensation / Benefits, Contract Management, Leave Management, and record maintenance.
|POST HOLDER REPORTS TO||Refugee Response Programme Manager and Matrix report to Country Human Resource Business Partner|
|JOBS REPORTING TO THIS POST||HR Assistant|
- Implementation of HR strategy within the program in consultation with relevant stakeholders and with advice and support from the Country HRM.
- Developing periodic HR plans and budgets for Oxfam’s HR function
- Participates in continuously reviewing and making recommendations for improving the HR function and systems that support the field office.
- Ensures the implementation of Oxfam’s gender and diversity policies in all aspects of human resource policy and practice.
- Ensure recruitments are managed in a timely manner; taps into the organization-wide innovative and creative recruitment strategies including global and local networks to attract the right caliber of people.
- Supports the building of the image of Oxfam as an employer of choice in the country in coordination with the Country HR Manager.
- Ensures well-balanced gender equity and equality within the area of work, particularly in recruitment/selection, and challenge any non-compliance to Oxfam’s strategies and norms.
- Periodically assists managers in writing or modifying job descriptions in accordance with program needs.
- Ensures all new staff has JDs, induction provided on time and staff have agreed on performance objects within three weeks from the start date with Oxfam.
- Ensure the performance management implementation and completed on schedule, and regular one-to-ones between staff and managers take place across the program.
- Provides timely advice and briefings to staff on HR policy and new policy developments, ensuring correct and consistent application through training, monitoring, and appropriate follow-up action.
- Provides support in coaching and supporting managers to optimize the performance of their staff, ensuring that assessment of performance is objective, and that poor performance is addressed appropriately
- Collects, analyses, and interprets information about changes in the operational environment and identifies key HR issues for management’s attention.
- Act as a focal point for development and providing support to HRBP in assessment, analysis, Planning, and rolling out the Staff Development plans.
- Ensure that staff development plan is carried out within timelines.
- Monitors HR policies/procedures that include holidays, sickness absence, R&R plus any other requests as they arise.
- Implements agreed HR best practice - legal responsibility relating to areas of Labour Law, Tax Laws, Social Insurance Law, etc.
- Ensures that probation reviews are done in a timely manner and that HR Teams are reminded in time when these are due.
- Advises on disciplinary related matters in accordance with established labour law and Oxfam disciplinary policies and procedures
- Supervise the implementation and maintenance of the filing system for all staff by ensuring that staff files are up-to-date and complete (both in GOLD and physical files), proper documentation procedures were followed, and conducting regular audits of staff files.
- Ensure that Oxfam Ethiopia's human resources information system – GOLD, is always complete and up to date.
- Ensure that there is an updated monthly staff list electronically and share with HRM/upload in the shared drive on weekly basis and as needed too.
- Follow-up the effective maintenance of staff timesheets and the correct budget coding on time
- Follow up completion of performance reviews, performance objectives and personal development plans, and ensures that the necessary data relating to these processes are promptly entered in GOLD.
- Ensure that Health and Safety (H&S) standards have been adhered to in the office and staff is fully aware of the mandatory information on H&S issues.
- Work closely with the Health, Safety and Security focal person and the staff association and ensure the working environment is conducive and free of any hazard
- Responsible for the identification of suitable medical providers, managing contracts with medical service providers and following up high-quality service delivery.
- Provide updates on Hospitals, Clinics, Pharmacy lists to HRM.
- Ensures that all staffs are aware of medical entitlements/services provided and issued with Cigna cards as per OGB policy.
- Responsible for the management and monitoring of the medical limit and prompt settlement of medical bills as per confidentiality principles.
- Manage the leave entitlement of Addis based staff, including proper planning and utilization by all staff
Most importantly, every individual at Oxfam GB needs to be able to:
Live our values of INCLUSION, ACCOUNTABILITY, EMPOWERMENT, SOLIDARITY, COURAGE AND EQUALITY
- Equality: We believe everyone has the right to be treated fairly and to have the same rights and opportunities.
- Empowerment: We acknowledge and seek to expand people’s agency over their lives and the decisions that impact them.
- Solidarity: We join hands, support, and collaborate across boundaries in working towards a just and sustainable world.
- Inclusiveness: We embrace diversity and difference and value the perspectives and contributions of all people and communities in their fight against poverty and injustice.
- Accountability: We take responsibility for our actions and inaction and hold ourselves accountable to the people we work with and for.
- Courage: We speak truth to power and act with conviction on the justice of our causes.
Ensure you commit to our THREE ORGANISATIONAL ATTRIBUTES:
|1. Be committed to equal opportunities: demonstrating sensitivity to cultural differences and gender equality.|
|2. Be willing to learn and apply gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity and inclusion across all aspects of your work.|
|3. Be committed to undertaking Oxfam’s safeguarding training and adhering to relevant policies, to ensure all people who come into Oxfam are as safe as possible.|
Ensure you actively ADOPT OXFAM’S FEMINIST LEADERSHIP APPROACH and appl the principles and twelve practices in your work. Read more about this here:
Read this guide to find out more about what our values, organisational attributes and feminist leadership approach mean for how we work
|For this role, we have selected three of the most relevant feminist Leadership practices for this role (which you can read more about here:|
2 Mutual accountability
3 Strategic Thinking and Judgment
Experience, Knowledge & Competencies
- MSc degree in Human Resources Management and Administration or Business Management or other relevant areas from a recognised university/college.
- Minimum of 7 years of senior-level experience in Human Resource Management preferably in an international NGO, out of which 1-2 years should be supervisory/managerial experience.
- Able to provide leadership and direction on all HR issues at the same time while balancing the strategic role with the need to deliver effective day-to-day HR services
- Substantial experience in an administrative HR role.
- Good written and verbal communication and advisory skills, accurate, just, analytical.
- Convincing and influencing skills.
- Excellent skills in handling and advising on complex people management issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels, and to maintain this under pressure.
- Experience in conflict resolution.
- Cultural awareness and ability to build relationships quickly with a wide variety of people.
- Patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise and remain responsive under pressure.
- Proven ability to plan, organize and prioritize work, together with the ability to remain calm under pressure often in difficult circumstances and not lose sight of operational priorities.
- Gender and cultural sensitivity, commitment and an understanding of the values of Oxfam and the principles of equal opportunities.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org