|Location||Oromiya 5 posts, Somali 3 posts, Gambella 2 posts, Afar 2 posts, Harari 1 post, Sidama 2 posts and Diredawa 1 post., Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 29, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
Human Resource / HR
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Ethiopian health system is composed of six main building blocks: Health service delivery; health workforces; health information system; health financing, medical technologies (including pharmaceutical products; vaccines and other technologies); and leadership & governance. Health workforce should work in a responsive, fair and efficient ways in order to achieves better health outcomes. The performance of health workforce depends on production, distribution and retention of trained health workforce in the health system.
In order to make the right decision at policy level the system needs strong HRIS system which helps in the decision making process and decide on the expansion and minimization of the health workforce. To take the decision making problem as well as the fore mentioned problems MoH in collaboration with Tulane University has developed and implemented an electronic web-based HRIS in order to meet the growing need of high quality data/ information on human resources in the health systems to inform decision making at national, regional and lower levels.
Roles and responsibilities :
- Mainly work on National Health work force data, data collection, organizing, compiling, analyzing and reporting to MoH for decision purpose on monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Generally, support the team members in collecting, organizing, analyzing, and manipulating HRH data for decisions making.
- Will support the HRIS system implementation, troubleshooting.
- Will develop the capacity of the team working in the HRIS system,
- Will support on proposal writing for studies to be done by the department related with human resource,
- Generate evidence from the HRIS for decision making,
- Support development of intervention recommendations to address gaps related to the HRIS system,
- Other support as requested by the Ministry of Health, HRA Directorate, and RHBs.
- Will perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Required Number of candidates for each Region:
Oromiya 5 posts, Somali 3 posts, Gambella 2 posts, Addis Ababa 2 posts, Afar 2 posts, Harari 1 post, Sidama 2 posts and Diredawa 1 post.
Duration of Position: One year with possibility of extension subject to performance
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- BSc Degree/M.Sc. Degree in Health Informatics, IT, MIS, Information Systems, Database Management with 6 years relevant experience in data analysis and/or in data management and HRIS related areas for BSc Degree OR 4 years relevant experience in data analysis and/or in data management and HRIS related areas for MSc Degree.
- Relevant experience in implementation and support of HRIS software and Database management System.
- Experience with policy and national strategic plan development preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically.
- And to work flexibly and independently with multiple reporting relationships.
- Emotional intelligence and personal maturity and a passion for improving healthcare delivery.
- Experience in evidence-based medicine, quality improvement, data-driven decision making and program evaluation
- English proficiency required.
- Track record of good working relationship with HRIS, Data analysis and database management system.
Qualified applicants are invited to send their all related documents including Application Letter, CV, their Educational degrees, Work Experiences.
Applicants must choose and indicate only ONE region/duty station they are applying for.
Due to the COVID-19 Physical appearance for the application purpose is forbidden.
Note: On the subject Line, please clearly write the position you are applying “HRIS Expert”. Your application will be automatically disqualified, if you fail to do so.
All applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org in PDF format only within 7 working days from the first date of this announcement on ethiojobs.net.
MINSTRY OF HEALTH
HUMAN RESOURCE ADMINISTRATION
BLOCK 1 FIRST FLOOR