|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 22, 2021|
|Category|| Human Resource / HR |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Responsible for ensuring proper implementation of HR activities and policies in all regional offices by providing dotted line support and direction to field HR Officers, overseeing recruitment, benefits and staff development.
- Responsible for ensuring the technical supervision and mentorship of HR Officers across all offices
- Coordinate recruitment processes for the country office and support field office recruitment as needed;
- Collaborate with Senior Management Team to ensure managers at all levels of the organization are equipped with the knowledge and skillset to effectively manage their teams, including planning for staff development opportunities and conducting performance appraisals; advise on escalated personnel issues.
- Acts as key relationship focal point with local government agencies.
- Provides coaching and advise to management regarding interpretation and execution of HR policies and procedures and compliance with applicable legislation and regulations.
- Ensure accurate employee records by training HR Officers in use HR Data base system and developing procedures for continuous upkeep related to timesheets, leave tracking, performance management, tracking training, etc.; conduct period spot checks
- Support in payroll preparation by verifying data submitted by field offices, ensuring Unit 4 employee records are updated and liaising with Payroll/Finance Officer
- Support HR budget development for proposals and assist in reporting on HR budget expenditures, detecting deviations and recommending corrections
- Develops and implement an efficient and effective data-driven recruitment process that attracts top talent and streamlines recruitment activities utilizing Human Resource technology. (i.e., Applicant Tracking System system).
- Develops an innovative approach to retaining talent, with a focus on in rural posting
- Advises management on the most suitable approaches to fill open positions that will maximize on cost, time and candidate’s quality.
- Ensure HR Officers are facilitating onboarding and offboarding processes according to Medical Teams procedures
- Develop, implement and manage compensation and benefits policies and schemes (including terms of conditions of employment, contracts and medical insurance) for Ethiopia staff, in line with local labor law.
- Oversee employee benefits, including liaising with providers for health insurance and workman’s compensation to process claims
- Ensure disciplinary cases are handled according to Medical Teams policy and legal requirements, advise HR Officers in managing cases
- Ensure HR Officers are equipped with the relevant materials to lead staff trainings on HR policies and procedures; conduct field visits to train HR Officers and lead staff trainings as needed
- Identify staff training needs and source relevant trainings to address gaps; support HR Officers in tracking staff development.Track staff probation periods and follow up with HR Officers accordingly
- Complete all monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as required by donors and Medical Teams management
- Regularly review HR processes to ensure maximum effectiveness and train HR Officers accordingly in systems and procedures
- Ensure direct reports have clear objectives, receive mentorship and participate in capacity building opportunities
- Conduct performance evaluations and enforce disciplinary procedures as per Medical Teams policy
- Supports acquisition and maintenance of International Employee visas and appropriate work permits
- Develop and implement a staff care program for the Ethiopia program to ensure mental health of clinicians, support and office staff is supported.
- Ensures the Safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, and Child & Vulnerable Adult protection policies.
- Other duties as assigned
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Direct: Country Director
Location: Addis Ababa with occasional travel to field locations
Work Days & Hours: Monday-Friday, 40-48 hours/week, occasional weekends and public holidays
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Industrial and Organizational Psychology or equivalent is required
- 4 years of HR generalist experience, inclusive of at least 1 year in a supervisory role is required
- Experience working with INGOs is an added advantage
- Experience in an HR role supporting staff in remote locations is preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- In-depth knowledge of HR functions including compensation & benefits, recruitment, on-boarding and offboarding, and staff development
- In-depth knowledge of Ethiopia labour laws
- In-depth knowledge of ERP database system
- Knowledge of humanitarian staffing needs; knowledge of emergency operations is an added advantage
- Skilled in using ERP database system to manage staff records
- Skilled in coaching managers and capacity building
- Skilled in conflict resolution
- Skilled in developing and conducting trainings
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Skilled at using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and manage stress, especially in situations which require a high degree of sensitivity, tact, and diplomacy
- Ability to lead investigations and resolve complex employee relations issues
- Ability to be honest and foster an atmosphere of trust and integrity
- Ability to hold staff accountable to work responsibilities, Medical Teams protocol and ethical standards
- Ability to maintain detailed records with high accuracy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information
- Ability to support Medical Teams Calling and adhere to the Medical Teams Code of Conduct
- This position requires occasional travel to health facilities located in remote areas with very basic living conditions.