|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 22, 2021|
|Category|| Human Resource / HR |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Shemu Group is a conglomerate company composed of Shemu PLC, Asveza Ethiopia Retailing Share Company other functional private limited companies with a fast growth track record. The Companies in the group engaged in manufacturing (liquid soap, bar soap, Edible oil and shortening products), retail service providing, printing, trading and engineering. Based on this, our sister Company, Shemu Management Consultants PLC want to hire competent, energetic, enthusiastic and capable applicants for the post we have.
The manager is responsible for attracting, motivating, and retaining the most qualified talent by directing the administrative functions of the HR department. The manager also handle employee-related services, regulatory compliance, and employee relations tasks.The Manager is also responsible for ensuring that the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of human resources plans and programs are realized.
- Developing and administering human resources plans and procedures that relate to company personnel
- Planning, organizing, and controlling the activities and actions of the HR department
- Contributing to the development of HR department goals, objectives, and systems
- Implementing and revising a company’s compensation program
- Creating and revising job descriptions
- Conducting annual salary surveys
- Developing, analyzing, and updating the company’s salary budget
- Developing, analyzing and updating the company’s evaluation program
- Developing, revising, and recommending personnel policies and procedures
- Maintaining and revising the company’s handbook on policies and procedures
- Performing benefits administration
- Maintaining affirmative action programs
- Overseeing recruitment efforts for all personnel, including writing and placing job ads
- Conducting new employee orientations and employee relations counseling
- Overseeing exit interviews
- Maintaining department records and reports
- Participating in administrative staff meetings
- Maintaining company directory and other organizational charts
- Recommending new policies, approaches, and procedures
- Resolving conflicts through positive and professional mediation.
- Developing clear policies and ensuring policy awareness.
- Creating clear and concise reports.
- Giving helpful and engaging presentations.
- Maintaining and reporting on workplace health and safety compliance.
- Handling workplace investigations, disciplinary and termination procedures.
- Maintaining employee and workplace privacy.
HR Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, management, business management or related fields
- 5-year experience in related position of which at least 3 years in supervisory position
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues.
- Experience in educating and coaching staff.
- Experience in conflict resolution, disciplinary processes and workplace investigations.
- Experience in following and maintaining workplace privacy.
- Ability to give presentations.
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety laws.
- Experience using computers and ERP suites for a variety of tasks.
Interested applicants who fulfill the stated requirements can submit their application letter, CV, and relevant credentials with non-returnable photocopies in person within seven (07) consecutive working days to Shemu Group Corporate Office located around Kaliti Total, in front of Kaliti Metals Factory, Shemu Group Corporate Office 2nd floor Or through email stating “Application for the post in which you are applying for” in the subject line through email firstname.lastname@example.org in a single pdf file attachment. Email applicants who do not follow the application instruction will NOT be considered.
Shemu Management Consultants PLC