|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 31, 2020|
|Category|| Business Administration |
Human Resource / HR
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The National Election Board of Ethiopia (NEBE), re-established by proclamation No. 1133/2011, is the constitutionally mandated body to conduct elections, organize referendum and regulate political parties in Ethiopia. NEBE is undergoing institutional reform to enhance its credibility and capacity and conduct free, impartial and credible elections. Through the support of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), NEBE has contracted ABH Partners to provide human resource recruitment and management services.
Accordingly, ABH partners would like to invite applicants who meet the below requirements to apply for the position of Human Resource Officer.
Reports to: Human Resource Manager
Duty station: NEBE Head Quarter, Addis Ababa
Duration: 12 months with a possibility of extension
Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Human Resource Manager, the Officer (HR) will be responsible provide HR supports to NEBE for effective delivery of human resource services, function and day to day operations including; recruitment, selection and induction, HR and benefit administrations, learning and development, performance management, employee relations, employee engagement, records management, HRIS administration, implementing and managing HR policies and procedures.
- Actively engage in the development of NEBE’s human resource strategies, Policies, guidelines and procedures;
- Support the HR Manager in enforcing NEBE human resource strategy, policy and procedure;
- Collect and compile data for human resource annual plan preparation;
- Coordinate employee recruitment, selection and induction process and ensure the processes are timely, transparent and fair;
- Conduct employee capacity need assessment, compile assessment report and share with line manager and concerned departments, facilitate selected trainings;
- Conduct performance assessment of employees and compile it.
- Facilitate discussion sessions, consultative meetings and experience sharing platforms that help NEBE’s institutional reform and development; compile reports lesson learned;
- Prepare salary and other benefits as per NEBE policy and monitor its proper implementation;
- Liaise with line managers and staff to ensure timely leave plans are prepared;
- Ensure adherence to employee relation and disciplinary policies and procedures and compile reports;
- Facilitate the inclusion of new staff to pension scheme, facilitate staff retirement and submit necessary documents to pension agency on timely manner;
- Provide technical (HR) support to the leadership and other staffs;
- Ensure gender equity and inclusiveness in the human resource activities of the organization;
- Document employee transfer, relocation, promotion, demotion and separation;
- Update and ensure completeness of personnel data and compile reports for various administrative decisions;
- Keep track of staff probation period review time, follow up with line managers to ensure that probation reviews are conducted in time and submitted to HR department;
- Support the HR Manager in coordinating staff welfare and team building;
- Provide support for the roll out of a variety of HR Initiatives across employee engagement, learning and development and performance management;
- Support the HR Manager to address staff correspondences as per NEBE policy; and
- Perform other tasks assigned by supervisor.
- MA/MBA/BA in Human Resource & Organizational Development, Business Management, Public Administration, and related fields
- For MA/MBA holders: at least 4 years of relevant experience of which 2 years as Human Resource Officer
- For BA holders: at least 6 years of relevant experience of which 3 years on as Human Resource Officer
- Respect NEBE’s main principles of performing in a free, impartial and fair manner;
- Strong grasp of democratic institutions principles;
- Strong verbal and written communication skill
- Knowledge of various HR software
- Hands on experience of end-to-end recruitment process
- High sense of integrity, confidentiality and initiating sound judgement of HR practices
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills including the ability to prioritize multiple assignments
- Demonstrated experiences of working effectively with people from diverse background, promoting equity, fairness and affirmative opportunities
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment
- Ability to show initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness
- Ability to manage staff and work with senior management
- Not be a member of any political party
Qualified applicants can submit their, application letter along with an updated CV with three professional references, copies of education credentials and work experience via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by stating the position you are applying on the subject email. Application may also be submitted in person to our office located on Bole Road, behind DH Geda Tower Addis Ababa from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday.
Application Deadline: 5:30pm, August 14, 2020
Qualified candidates who fulfill the criteria will be hired only following the approval and endorsement by NEBE.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.