|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 22, 2021|
|Category|| Human Resource / HR |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Function: HR and Operations
Department/Program: Human Resource
Reports to: Human Resource Manager
Based in: Addis Ababa
Duration of contract: Indefinite based on performance and availability of fund.
Remuneration: As per organization pay scale plus other PSI/Ethiopia staff benefits
Who we are?
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non‐profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing. We are a $560m enterprise based in Washington, DC, operating in the private and public sectors in more than 65 countries.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds - from the medical industry to the music business - all with unique skills we bring to the job.
PSI/Ethiopia wants reimagine healthcare, put the consumer at the center, and whenever possible, bring quality care to the front door. We achieve health impact in Ethiopia by working with both government and private partners and harvesting technology innovation to bring quality care closer to communities, schools, and homes. We empower consumers by including them in the design of healthcare solutions, offering them more healthcare choices, and helping them to have a voice in influencing national priorities. We work with all market actors in the health system to understand their needs, designing and delivering solutions so that market systems can sustainably serve consumers for the long term, helping to support the Government of Ethiopia in achieving Universal Health Coverage.
We are looking for a trustworthy Human Resource Officer to enhance operational HR services delivery by assisting the HR operation team in managing routine human resource activities.
Key Result Areas:
- HR service delivery
- Record keeping and documentation
Sounds like you? Read on!
You will work under the supervision of the HR Manager, in close collaboration with the HR team. More specifically, you will:
- Coordinate and complete onboarding for new employees, as per PSI/E standards.
- Communicate new hires and collect the required documentation.
- Ensure on-time registration for Private Organization Employees’ Pension Agency and follow up on staff pension ID cards.
- Ensure all staffs have organization ID and Business card.
- Request and follow-up completion of mandatory courses by employees.
- Update staff list for GPA, life, and Health insurance.
- Update medical reimbursement tracking sheet weekly, and make sure all medical reimbursements claims are paid, for all employees according to the policies
- Prepare and disseminate monthly timesheets to all staff, follow up and collect signed timesheets.
- Keep a record of the timesheet for further use and reference.
- Collect and document payroll-related information and prepare payroll on time.
- Manage HR and employee information database, insurance-related information, and prepare a report every month.
- Prepare support letters based on a request from staff.
- Prepare employee's s work certificates and facilitate terminal benefits for employees leaving the organization.
- Organize farewell in collaboration with the social committee.
- Coordinate, communicate, record, and document staff holidays and, other leaves, based on the organization’s policy.
- Follow up on leave plan and leave utilizations.
- Update and keep institutional HR files; develop, maintain and update PSI/E’s staff statistics and institutional HR correspondences inappropriate computerized database and physical files.
- Support in keeping an up-to-date electronic version of the required staff personal data.
- Ensure a complete and up-to-date filing of all Human Resources documentation as per the agreed filing system.
- Order and maintain stationery for the HR department.
What are we looking for? The basics
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Management or related fields
- Minimum of two-year work experience.
What would get us excited?
- Proficient in MS office applications and tools
- Proficient in English and Amharic languages, both written and verbal communication
Are you intrigued? Apply!
By following our 3 steps application process:
1. Fill out the application form using the following link: Online Application Form. It will only take 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Send your CV and application letter to email@example.com clearly mark “Application for Human Resource Officer Position” in the subject line.
3. Check your email and make sure you receive an automatic response acknowledging receipt of your application that means your application was successful. If you don’t receive the automatic response, check again your subject line and if needed, re-submit your CV and application letter with the correct subject.
Application deadline June 30, 2021. We’ll call or e-mail you back if there is a good fit on both sides.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.