Human Resource Officer
|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 29, 2022|
|Category|| Human Resource / HR |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Hospitality Institute is the local education project of the NGO PROJECT-E Education Empowers. Education empowers - that is our mission statement, as we provide job opportunities for young Ethiopian women from underprivileged social backgrounds. Thereby we offer scholarships in hotel operation training based on the nationally accredited curriculum, next to our outstanding practical trainings with partner hotels as well as language and life-skill training. In total we are supporting about to 100 students within our long-term program (Level 2 Certificate in Hotel Operations) and short-term levels (House Keeping and Food and Beverage Service) in striving for a professional perspective to become financially independent as well as to gain self-confidence and become empowered women.
What makes PROJECT-E unique is thereby not only our over 90% success rate in assisting the students to find a suitable job after the training and our outstanding reputation in the hotel industry in Ethiopia with renowned partner and stakeholders. But also, our administrative structure and project management is exceptional: On the one hand, we have the local Team in Addis, consisting of roughly 17 solely Ethiopian staff members. They implement the project and are responsible for the academical and sociological development of the students. On the other hand, PROJECT-E consists of a “Team International” with students and young professionals working voluntarily and web-based worldwide to coordinate and finance the operation.
Tasks & areas of responsibility
The Human Resource Officer’s responsibilities include the following:
- Ensure the establishment of the recruitment process to timely issuance of employment letters following proper verification and reference checks and attachment of respective job description – in consultation with the Project Manager (PM) and Country Representative (CR).
- Ensures maintenance of records of all employees at the office are always up to date; this includes records on employment contracts, promotions, performance management, training/academic documentation, beneficiaries.
- Participates in sourcing, screening, interviewing, undertaking reference checks.
- Works closely with the PM and CR in the implementation and enforcement of HR Manual policies and procedures.
- Maintains a probation period tracker and ensures the timely confirmation/extension of probation/separation of employees on probationary contracts.
- Handle and assist the CR in international volunteer invitation, lodging and administrative tasks
- Participates in conducting disciplinary hearings and issuing of warning/termination letters with authorization from PM or CR and in line with the HR Manual, process and procedures.
- Follows up on employee well-being matters e.g., sickness/injury, bereavement, employee counselling.
- In conjunction with the PM monitors and ensures timely compliance on HR matters.
- Ensures timely implementation and coordination of Employee Engagement activities.
- Register all employees at the Private Organizations Employees Social Security Agency.
- Register all employees for workmen´s compensation insurance.
The Secretarial tasks include:
- Drafting letters to organizations, partners, and customers on behalf of PROJECT-E in English and Amharic
- Taking meeting minutes
- Copy/scan contracts of employees or volunteers including payment slips and provide them to the CR or PM
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or any other related field of study
- 1-2 years of related work experience in HR and/or office administration
- Ability to establish good rapport and trust with employees
- Proficient in MS word, Excel and Power point
- Good counseling skills
- Demonstrated good interviewing skills
- Excellent Communication and organization skills
- Familiar with Performance Management process
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- Demonstrates a sound work ethic.
- Proficiency in English and Amharic are mandatory
- An annual salary of 125,000 ETB gross (negotiable)
- Attractive social benefits (health insurance, transport and telephone allowances)
- A varied and responsible job in a team-oriented working environment with unique opportunity to shape and develop the project
- Attractive full-time job in Addis Ababa, in a cooperative working atmosphere flexible working time model
- Opportunities for continuing education and training (language courses, leadership skills, etc.)
Interested and you want to apply?
PROJECT-E operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified people of all nationalities, gender, and cultural backgrounds, as well as candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply. BUT this vacancy is only open for Ethiopian citizens.
To apply for this opening, please click on the "Apply now" on our website, attach your CV, and complete all of the required fields by June 30th. If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact please contact email@example.com.