|Location||Mekelle, Tigray, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 30, 2021|
|Category|| Human Resource / HR |
|Job Type|| Contract |
About CRS: “Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partner’s people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.”
In Ethiopia, CRS has a long and rich history of providing emergency relief and development assistance to the people of Ethiopia since 1958. At present, CRS/Ethiopia implements multiple projects through different partner organizations. CRS/Ethiopia has a highly diverse portfolio currently focusing on community-based food and livelihood security through activities in agriculture, health, peacebuilding, WASH, emergency relief, and savings and lending. CRS is active in nearly all regions of Ethiopia: Tigray, Amhara, Oromia, Southern Nations, Nationalities, and Peoples' Region (SNNPR), Somali, Benishangul Gumuz, Afar, and Dire Dawa Regions.
CRS strictly adheres to its Policy on Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults among its staff, consultants, volunteers, and affiliates. CRS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer: women, minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
As part of the CRS family, you will join the more than 5000 strong and vibrant individuals working globally to accomplish the mission of CRS. CRS/Ethiopia invites you, the qualified candidate, to apply for the following position;
Position Title: Human Resource Officer
Duty Station: CRS/Mekelle Office
Employment Term: Definite term for One year
Reports To: Human Resource Manager
Required no: One (1)
Application Deadline: July 8, 2021
You will help coordinate and support majorly the execution of the Tigray Region Emergency Response HR strategy and operational plans as well as CRS partner Organization in support of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. You will provide responsive, high quality service to address HR programs, services and operations need in all or some of the areas of recruitment, staff development, performance management, employee relations, compensation and benefits, onboarding/orientation, policies, staff care, and employee administration.
- Liaise with the PDP Manager, programming and operations team in identifying their HR needs, develop HR plan and ensure that the recruitment process is initiated.
- Ensure Personnel requisition form is completed for each position, review Job Descriptions and post vacancies timely.
- Work with Hiring Manager in prescreening applicants’ longlist and come up with the possible shortlists.
- Organize the periodic orientation for new employees and coordinate other training required for the staff in collaboration with the requesting unit as advised by HR Manager.
- Advise Hiring Managers and or supervisors on safe recruitments, effective interviewing and selection techniques as needed to ensure sound hiring decisions are made.
- Ensure that all the recruitment and selection process are in line with CRS HR Policy and or in compliance with the country employment law/legislation.
- Ensure that probationary objectives are developed for probationers, CRS Mandatory trainings are completed, and their performances are reviewed accordingly for decision.
- Coordinate with the Country Office HR team for inter-team support on recruitment activities.
- Coordinate staff promotion, transfer, TDY, acting assignment, seconded agreement and other related activities when requested in accordance with CRS HR policies and authority matrix.
- Provide necessary day to day HR operations of the CRS staff benefits portfolio such as leave, medical insurance, monthly Timesheet & Overtime and other HR related issues in coordination with Country Office HR team.
- Organize staff on-job and off-job training session.
- Ensure all the required personnel related documents in each employee personnel files and/or HRIS that adheres to required CRS, donor, and local law regulations.
- Ensure that staff performance is managed with the existing performance management process inclusive of setting of job objectives, mid-term performance review and annual performance assessments.
- Provide weekly, biweekly, or monthly reports on Recruitments and other HR issues as requested by HR Manager.
- Provide support to partners in strengthening their HR systems up on request.
- Perform other duties as instructed by HR Manager.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education & Experience
· Completion of 1st Degree or 2nd degree in social and natural science
· 2 years for 2nd degree and 4 years for 1st degree
· Experience with and knowledge of employment laws, regulations, policies, principles, concepts, and practices. Good understanding of the local labor law.
· Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, HRIS.
· Supervisory experience would be a plus.
· Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
· Strong customer service ethic and abilities
· Very good planning, coordinating, and organizing skills
· Able to maintain confidential information
· Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Required/Desired Foreign Language: English.
Local language. Tigrigna is advantageous
Travel Required (include a percentage of required travel, if applicable) 25% travel required
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Area Manager, HR Manager, PDP Manager, Senior HR Officer, HR Assistant and all CRS staff
External: CRS Partner Organization
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
· Trusting Relationships
· Professional Growth
Please enter via https://form.jotform.com/211783011689559 to fill a form and attach your up-to-date CV before the application deadline, July 8, 2021.
Applications should be submitted by July 8, 2021, up to 5:00 PM, late submission will not be accepted. These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only. Phone solicitations cannot be accepted. You will be contacted only if you are selected for a written exam/interview.
** Qualified women & persons with disability are highly encouraged to apply**
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer