|Location||Hawassa, Sidama Region with frequent travel to the project sites and other part of the country, Sidama, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 8, 2021|
|Category|| Human Resource / HR |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
People in Need is a non-governmental, non-profit organization founded on the ideals of humanism, freedom, equality and solidarity. We consider human dignity and freedom to be fundamental values. We believe that people anywhere in the world should have the right to make decisions about their lives and to share the rights expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
The People in Need organization was established in 1992 by a group of Czech war correspondents who were no longer satisfied with merely relaying information about ongoing conflicts and began sending out aid. It gradually became established as a professional humanitarian organization striving to provide aid in troubled regions and support adherence to human rights around the world.
Throughout our over 26 years of its existence, People in Need has become one of the biggest non-profit organizations in Central Europe. In addition to humanitarian aid and human rights, it now also targets education and helps people living in social exclusion.
We are part of Alliance 2015, a strategic network of seven European non-governmental organizations engaged in humanitarian aid and development projects. This collaboration increases effectiveness, both in working in the target countries and in campaigns aimed at influencing the attitudes of politicians and the general public in Europe. In our over 16 years operation in Ethiopia, has focused on projects in five main areas of interest: Education and Social protection, Environment, Livelihood and Agriculture, Water, sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Emergency programs.
PIN currently invites applicants for the position of: Human Resource Unit Coordinator
Length of Contract: Indefinite
The job primarily includes coordinating HR activities by taking a lead in overall HR related issues providing hands-on practical human resource support for managers, with a focus on rapid recruitment and selection of high calibre staff. S/he takes part in developing and implementing HR strategies and policies and is also responsible for consulting with managers and supervisors about HR related policies and procedures. S/he helps employees and their managers in performance and disciplinary matters. S/he conducts field visit to provides sound human resource management for the field offices and ensures the compliance of HR policy and practice on the field offices’ level. S/he manages HR manager, HR Officers, HR Assistant and Safeguarding and Protection Officer ensures his/her induction, distributes him/her work and tasks and ensures his/her capacity development.
The position is directly supervised by the Country Director and works in close cooperation with Head of Programs (Emergency and Development), Head of Systems and Operations, Finance unit Coordinator, Logistics Unit Coordinator, Program Managers, HQ HR, SDO, DO, FDO and HQ Security and Safety and Logistics departments.
The position is a member of country Management team
The Human Resource Unit Coordinator's Job Description
Policies and Procedures
- Ensure consistent compliance of HR policies and practice (as described in HR Manual and other relevant documents), including compliance with both labor law and PIN country and global policy and provide necessary support and training to managers and staff at field office as required.
- Deliver induction, ensuring that all staff including field-based staff are aware of the policies and practices relating to their employment.
- Ensure the provision of good quality, appropriate and clearly communicated advice to field based managers on all aspects of HR management, policy and practice, including work force planning, job design, employment law, employee relations issues, and communication and consultation strategies.
- Manage PIN legal cases in close cooperation with legal adviser and CD.
- Ensure that staff employment and other contracts are reviewed and are legally sound and do present any legal liabilities to the organization in consultation with the Legal advisor and CD.
- Cooperate with HQ HR and ensure implementation of the defined minimum standards for HR procedures on the Country Programme level.
- Lead staff benefit and salary survey, update PIN salary scale as per the policy in coordination with the country director.
- Prepare different HR regular reposts (HR quarter report, capacity building, legal etc) and other reposts
Staff Recruitment, Retention and HR Administration
- Lead the recruitment process
- Ensure appropriate recruitment, retention and succession of staff including orientation programmes;
- Develop and execute recruiting plans to the expected standard.
- Develop job descriptions together with the hiring manager and conduct JD evaluation if relevant. And ensure job description is given for staff
- Ensure recruitment and interview plan is put in place and provide update regarding open vacancies; actively take part in interviewing and selecting employees.
- Ensure that open positions are efficiently and effectively filled with high caliber staff.
- Ensure reference check is performed for potential employees.
- Ensure the selected candidates are informed about the job offer and lead the negotiation.
- Ensure the work contract is signed and the hiring procedure is conducted as required by HR policy.
- Request and ensure HR department budget is properly managed
- Ensure that all recruited staff have a current contract of employment and comply with all HR policies and practice, local labour law and PIN policies.
- Ensure up-date of Country Programme organigram on regular basis.
- Ensure annual leave plan is sent to all staff, filled in and track its update on regular basis.
- Ensure and coordinate staff motivational events are organized as per the plan (Annual staff retreat, office events, team building etc) . And evaluate the process and report to CMT
Performance Management and Staff Development
- Maintain a culture of performance management across the organization, where staff are held accountable and rewarded for high performance; ensure performance procedure is applied with compliance with relevant HR policy.
- Providing guidance on staff capacity building and in formulating the annual training calendar, and offering expert facilitation of in-house training programs such as performance management workshops and orientation programmes.
- Ensure that staff have access to HR guidance on individual development opportunities arising from performance review feedback and individual capacity development plans.
- Monitor and advise on disciplinary matters in accordance with established disciplinary procedure and labor law
- Lead investigations on disciplinary actions and problems relating to working conditions are conducted on a timely basis and report with recommendations in accordance with PIN’s rules, regulations and policies;
- Provide capacity building trainings on HR related issue to staff including project site staff.
- Work with program/project managers to ensure that performance management is being practiced on a regular basis and provides timely and appropriate information to feed into the development of the annual HRD plan.
- Ensure recommendations for bonus, salary increment, promotion, demotion, etc. are made in accordance with PIN policies and procedures;
Staff Management, Mentorship
- Advice and coach managers on people management matters and complying with labor law as well as devising and implementing HR plans.
- Focal person for staff HR concerns, collect the concerns and for serious staff issues consult the CD or and CMT with recommendations
- Monitor the effectiveness of the induction process and feedback to line managers.
- Work closely with programs, department heads and filed offices to plan and execute staffing needs.
- Mediate conflict, grievances and harassment cases, in consultation with Country Management Team and legal adviser.
- Ensure high level of confidentiality regarding personnel data and ensure that all employee information is kept up to date, is complete by liaising with salary and contract administrator.
- In consultation with CD, seek a legal support to ensure that HR policy comply with country’s law and staff management.
- Ensure the safety and security of staff, ensuring staff have received the necessary briefings, measures are in place to maintain a safe and secure working environment and lead during any staff related safety issues (like accident, misconduct etc ) record all workplace injuries.
- Ensures that staff Accident Insurance and Medical Insurance benefits are updated in a timely manner;
- Liaise with Finance department to ensure accuracy of payroll management and benefit and bonuses administration.
- Ensure that staff resignation acceptance letter is prepared on time and exit questionnaire is filled by the employee leaving the organization and exit interview conducted.
- Liaise with finance department and ensure all staff related government obligations are managed accordingly. Like income tax, Pension
- Ensure new staffs are registered at pension, staff update sent and notification of the authority when staff terminate from PIN
- Make sure all the necessary procedures are managed during resignation like clearance, termination payments, certificate of work etc.
- Represent PIN in HR related internal and external relations like meetings, networking, legal cases etc.
- Signs letters and memos related to Human resource issues
Learning and Development:
- Lead staff capacity building and development
- Conduct training need assessment, identifies suitable courses to meet the training and development needs of the staff and the organization and prepare yearly Capacity building plan and budget, in coordination with the concerned programs/department and the CD. Facilitate the necessary arrangements for staff attending trainings
- Organizes in-house training and development programs in accordance with needs identified and evaluates outcome of the training undertaken.
- Guide and advise staff about the development plans;
- Seek with supervisors for learning opportunities to support staff development plans;
- E-learning administration
- Minimum Master’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Management/Administration, Psychology, Law and other similar social science fields of study
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Human resource Management role.
- Experience in International NGOs or Privet organizations and knowledge of Ethiopian Labour proclamations is advantageous.
- Experience managing functions of HR in leadership role.
- Experience of strong coordination, Analytical, Negotiation skills and experience in providing trainings.
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of spoken & written Amharic and English.
- 3 strong references (will be crosschecked)
Interested applicants for the position should fill the application form and send their CV and Cover letter via following the link: APPLY_ HR Unit Coordinator_ PIN Application form until September 16, 2021.
Should any information needed please contact using: email@example.com
Please note: PIN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies
Women are strongly encouraged to apply