|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||March 9, 2022|
|Category|| Business Administration |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
SOS Children’s Villages International (SOS CVI) is non-governmental and non-denominational organization working with communities, partners and states to ensure that the rights of all children are fulfilled in every society. SOS CVI is a global federation working to protect and care for children who have lost parental care, or who stand at risk of losing the care. We respect all religions and cultures and work with trusted partners in places where we can contribute to social development. Everything we do is made possible through the generous support of sponsors and donors, institutional and corporate partners, and loyal friends worldwide.
Envisioning that every child belongs to a family and grows up with love, respect and security, we exist to build families for children in need, we help them shape their own futures, and we share in the development of their communities. Everything we do is guided by the firm belief that no child should grow up alone and that we need to improve care for children who are at risk, enabling them to overcome precarious conditions and to succeed in life. Our core values guiding who we are and what we do include courage to take action, commitment to keep our promises, trust to believe in each other, and accountability to be reliable Partners. SOS CVI Eastern and Southern Africa Regional Office( ESAF) would like to recruit to fill the following vacant position within its Human resource and Organization development function.
Position title: Regional Human Resources and Organizational Development Advisor (Compensation and Benefits and Talent Acquisition)**
Working location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia**
Reports to: Director of Human Resources and Organizational Development **
Region: East and Southern Africa (ESAF).
Summary of the Position
Under the direction of the Director of HR/OD ESAF the incumbent will be responsible for a given number of (Member associations/countries) within the Region in providing technical and HR Business partnering and OD support to the regional office and assigned Member countries in the region in line with the relevant SOS Children’s Villages policies and procedures. The incumbent will also mainly focus on providing high-quality and efficient end to end HR services with a focus on talent acquisition and compensation and benefits systems management to the regional office as well as for member counties.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible to rollout the SOS Children’s Villages global and regional compensation and benefit system in the region and serve as focal point for all compensation and benefits related initiatives and programmes to Countries in the region;
· Also responsible to provide end to end support in Talent sourcing, acquisition, employee onboarding and induction processes for the regional office as well as for recruitment of senior member of the Member associations.
· Acts as reference point for job description, job evaluation, regional job architecture and benchmarking, design approach and follow up of implementation and maintenance of the compensation and benefits system; including end of service benefit as well as strategic workforce topic in the region.
· Supports regional HROD Director in designing and implementation of salary structure and compensation processes on regional level.
· Provide overall HR Business partner service to the regional office and to assigned countries including performance management, learning and development, organization design, restructuring and change management processes and HR and related policies reviews,
· Utilize and maintain recruitment plans and reports, tools and policy guidance and processes to support efficient talent sourcing, acquisition and selection processes to meet the needs of the regional office and member associations.
· Create and implement end-to-end candidate hiring processes to ensure a positive experience and employer branding, ensure appropriate documentation of recruitment processes
· Support MAs in workforce planning and budgeting processes, provide inputs to personnel and compensation budget validations.
· Provide coaching and capacity building and fosters exchange and knowledge sharing in the topic of compensation and benefits and talent sourcing, acquisition and employee onboarding processes among the region wide HR community network.
· Monitor cluster country HR policies and processes are aligned to international HR minimum quality standards & guidelines.
· Supports member associations in individual and organizational capacity assessment and HR Audit processes, design and delivery of HROD capacity building strategies and plans.
· Coordinate the compilation of region level HROD reports and HROD KPIs follow up.
· S/he will be responsible within own area of work and cluster countries to raise awareness of the SOS Child Protection Policy principles and to prevent and protect children from all forms of abuse, abandonment, exploitation, violence and discrimination. Also responsible to report any CS suspicion, concern, allegation or incident immediately following Child Safeguarding reporting procedures. **
· Master Degree in Human Resources/Organization development/Business Administration and Public Administration or any other related field
· At least 7 years of experience in a generalist HR Management with strong technical knowledge in Compensation & Benefits management and talent sourcing, acquisition and onboarding, of these at least 3 years relevant managerial or senior advisory experience.
· Strong experience in Talent sourcing and Acquisition and full-cycle recruiting, using various interview techniques and evaluation methods as well as on boarding processes,
· Solid experience in and job evaluation methodologies, job grading, benchmarking, salary structure design, including sound legal knowledge (contracts, payroll, termination benefits, preferably at regional level as well as in talent sourcing and pipelining
· Competency in Human Resources process management, capacity assessment & building skills
· Proficiency in all Microsoft office applications with advanced skills in Excel Applications
· Strong communication, planning, analytical, HR metrics and report writing skills
· Work experience in virtual collaboration and multicultural team coordination, facilitation skills are added advantages