|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 19, 2020|
|Category|| Human Resource / HR |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Feteh (Justice) Activity in Ethiopia, implemented by Millennium DPI Partners (Millennium DPI) is a project funded by USAID/Ethiopia to provide flexible, rapid response technical assistance to the Attorney General’s Office (AGO), the Federal Supreme Court of Ethiopia (FSCE), appropriate committees in the House of People’s Representatives (HOPR), and/or other rule of laws of actors in the process of legal and judicial reform. This includes making grants/sub-contracts to civil society organizations (CSOs) and the media to ensure public input to the proposed changes to Ethiopia’s legal and judicial framework.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Human Resources (HR) Assistant (thereafter the “Employee”) will undertake work in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia for Millennium DPI in support of the Feteh Activity pursuant to Millennium DPI’s contract with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). Under the direct supervision of the HR Manager and reporting jointly to the HR Manager and Finance and Administration Director (FAD), the Employee shall assume the following specific responsibilities for the length of his/her employment with Millennium DPI:
Maintain accurate and up-to-date HR files, records and documentation;
- Maintain the integrity and confidentiality of HR files and records;
- Perform periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately;
- Support recruitment processes including sorting, shortlisting of applications, scheduling candidates' interviews, drafting interview reports, creating new staff’s HR files, assisting in the induction process;
- Ensure ID cards and badges are prepared and distributed to all new staff timely;
- Answer frequently asked questions from employees regarding standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to HR Manager;
- Assist with timesheet preparation and organization, monthly tracking of leave balances, and other clerical support to the HR department;
- Arrange and coordinate exit interviews for departing employees;
- As requested by the HR Manager, act as a liaison between the Feteh Activity and external partners, which may include health, disability, and retirement plan providers;
- Fulfil other related duties as assigned by FAD and HR Manager.
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, HR, or any other relevant field.
- At least two (2) years of experience working in a similar role.
- Exceptional communication skills, writing skills, interpersonal skills, and ethical mindset.
- Adept to problem-solving and conflict resolution.
- Extensive knowledge of HR policies and systems.
- High degree of organization, professionalism, integrity, trustworthiness and flexibility.
- Ability to use discretion when working with confidential documents and information.
- Fluency in both written and spoken Amharic and English. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in other official languages of Ethiopia, both verbally and in writing, will be highly preferred.
- Technology-literate – PC skills, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet.
Interested and qualified applicants can apply through Ethiojobs.net