|Location||Addis Ababa with 30% travel to the field, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||June 21, 2021|
|Category|| Administration |
Human Resource / HR
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Cordaid is a Dutch, international non-governmental organization which combines expertise in humanitarian aid and development cooperation to realize structural poverty eradication. Cordaid believes in a world without poverty and exclusion. Cordaid’s work focuses is on the value of every human being and the solidarity to provide a dignified existence for everyone. Cordaid Ethiopia has been operating since 2006 in Ethiopia.
Cordaid Ethiopia is seeking qualified professionals Human Resources Manager.
Purpose of the position
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for in-country aspects of human resources, staff welfare and culture. S/he must manage the recruitment, staff policy development and implementation, co-ordination of training, and general staff well-being and culture management.
S/he is responsible to build effective working relationships with staff at all levels by providing advice and guidance on a range of human resources policies and personnel management.
S/he provides pro-active secretariat support and coordination role for the Senior Management Team and related meetings.
Responsibilities and Accountability
Recruitment and Contract Management
- Provide guidance in strategic staff planning and in the development of the organizational/departmental structures;
- Coordinate the recruitment processes. Ensure to facilitate and arrange the process from staff request to final placement. Serve as secretariat to all interview panels;
- Manage the procurement of consultants (task based) and draft the Terms of Reference in liaising with the head of department; determine daily remuneration, to be paid in accordance with the established fee schedule;
- Monitor staff contracts and coordinate the renewal and end of contract management.
- Facilitate the induction/briefing/onboarding programmes for all incoming staff and consultants;
- Prepare a welcome pack for visitors and new staff, Coordinate briefing and debriefing programmes which include exit procedure management and conducting of exit interviews;
- Manage & coordinate staff deployment to field locations to assume their duty; and
- Ensure in collaboration with the Logistics and Procurement Officer prior arrangement for standard office and accommodation facilities arranged.
- Ensure that all staff have relevant, up-to-date and duly signed job descriptions. Carry out periodic job analysis and job description reviews in collaboration with the departmental head and produce an effective working organizational structure;
- Lead the roll out and management of an effective performance management system for all staff, and ensure the staff learning and individual trainings plans are aligned with the gaps identified and programme needs; and Coordinate & support proper and timely implementation of performance appraisal by different Managers, (manage, track, monitor and report the scheduling of performance interviews).
Payroll Administration and Management
- Manage staff payroll and ensure that all regulatory payments and remittances are up to date and this includes staff medical cover, group insurance scheme and pension contributions;
- Participate in organized salary surveys and submit an analysis and recommendation to management on how Cordaid is compared with other organizations in the labour market;
- Ensure effective and efficient utilization of the time sheets by staff and verify budget allocation, report and address any variances.; and
- Manage staff leave and R&R in consultation with the line managers. Update the records and advise management on any unauthorized absenteeism.
Compliance, procedures and reporting
- Advise and guide staff/managers on disciplinary, staff misconduct and staff grievance procedures and case management. Act as an impartial mediator in disciplinary procedures and ensure it is administered in an equitable and fair manner and meets all legal and labour regulations and requirements;
- Disseminate Cordaid Policies which include the Code of Conduct, Anti-Harassment Guidelines, Whistle Blower Policy and Conflict of Interest;
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements of Ethiopia Law and advise management and staff on correct interpretation and application;
- Establish and maintain equity, transparency and consistency in the interpretation, determination, implementation, and administration of the HR policy, procedures and guidelines on all HR related matters applicable to the staff;
- Review and update the human resources policies in consultation with the Country Director. Ensure that the human Resources polices are in line with the labour act and other regulatory authorities;
- Communicate to all concerned on regular basis the human resources and administrative updates and changes;
- Conduct staff satisfaction survey and submit an analysis report management review;
- Develop and submit the annual human resources reports as requested; and
- Manage and standardize the human resources processes and documentation to meet the audit and donor requirements.
Liaison with Government Offices
- Be the focal person to maintain good relationships with relevant government ministries and departments, especially the Ministry of Labour and the Charity Association Organization;
- Ensure compliance to government by ensuring that the organization is registered and meet all the statutory requirements;
- Manage the processing of the work permit application; and
- Participate in the (I)NGO Human Resources forums and other coordination/cluster meetings. Identify and advise the management on HR best practice
HR Management and Accountability
- Follow-up and address the human resources issues and concerns raised through the collaboration of the Finance and Operations Manager;
- Be the focal person to coordinate activities regarding staff activities, staff engagement and welfare issues;
- Support cultural changes in the organization through a variety of different methods, including implementing action plans following Staff Survey and enabling a culture of Staff engagement and learning;
- Develop and coordinate the staff workplace programmes to include activities such as dissemination of information on HIV and Aids Programmes, Corporate Social Responsibilities and professional development programs; and
- Maintain and update the personnel files; (Follow up & ensure that every human resources related hard and E-documents documents are complete)
- Attend to other duties as directed and instructed by the line manager
- Master’s in human resources management, Business Administration, Organizational Development,
- Organizational Psychology.
- A graduate in Human Resources, Organizational development and Psychology, and/or Social Sciences.
- 5 years’ continuous work experience in the level of a human resources manager.
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, or employee relations is an advantage
- Experience in recruitment for emergency operations and activities
- Good understanding of donor regulations and procedures
- Honest and hardworking with a sense of responsibility and accountability.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Must be self-disciplined person and is initiative
- Capable of multi-tasking and working in a team.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Proficient in micro-soft office packages such word and excel
Interested and qualifying applicants can submit their application letter and CV in English, with email contact details of at least 3 professional references, to the following email email@example.com
Please note due to urgency of the vacancy , the selection will be done on a rolling basis.
CORDAID is an equal opportunities employer and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
All applications submitted cannot be returned. An integrity check will be part of the recruitment procedure.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.