|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||January 24, 2020|
|Category|| Human Resource / HR |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Being an employee of the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) in Ethiopia Human Resource Manager is expected to represent NRC in a responsible manner and always act in accordance with NRC’s Code of Conduct.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is present in five regions in Ethiopia, providing refugees and internally displaced people with emergency relief and help them to rebuild their lives. NRC works within the sectors of Education, Shelter, WASH, Livelihood and Food Security, ICLA (Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance), and Child Protection.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The purpose of the HR Manager is to be responsible that the HR system is according to NRC standard and to support programme/project implementation.
· Implement NRC’s HR and Admin systems and procedures
· Ensure that country set up adhere to Employment standards, HR policy and other NRC policies
· Ensure compliance with the local labor law
· Training, support, control and development of HR teams
· Support and train of all staff with HR responsibilities/ personnel management
· Management of the HR team
· Provide regular HR analysis and reports
· Ensure safe and standardized filing of personnel documents in all offices
· Develop and deliver a planned HR approach to attracting, developing, inspiring and retaining the right people with the right skills to achieve strategic, high-quality HR and programmatic outcomes
· Organize and facilitate performance management systems and related training including supervise and mentor direct-reports, communicating clear expectations, setting performance objectives, providing regular and timely performance feedback, and counsel on career paths and professional development for HR team and establish a culture of continuous learning opportunities.
· Implement organizational training requirements for both NRC staff and partners.
· Work with the management to reducing risks and managing anti-corruption
· Lead the periodic review of compensation and other benefits as and when required to ensure NRC being able to attract and retain talent
· Take an active role in the strategic planning activities of the organization and to assist the management in decisions related to recruitment, replacement, restructuring as needed by the operations
· Responsibility for personnel administration (recruitment, starters, leavers, payroll, etc).
· Proactively advise and lead as appropriate on organizational development (managing change, organizational design, management development training, etc).
· Proactively integrate NRC’s values and management style into our HR and management policies and practices.
· Work to streamline and consolidate the HR related documentation
· Any other tasks as assigned by line manager
Generic professional competencies:
· Minimum five years of experience from working as a senior HR Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
· Bachelor’s degree in HR management or related field
· Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
· Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
· Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
· Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context/specific skills, knowledge and experience:
· Knowledge of Ethiopian context
· Familiar with labor law in Ethiopia
· Knowledge of the local language
- Experience with start-up, exit or similar
· Initiating action and change
· Managing performance and development
· Empowering and building trust
· Handling insecure environments
All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to send in their application letters including updated curriculum vitae with three work-related referees through www.ethiojobs.net OR www.webcruiter.no Applications should reach NRC latest by February 05, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
NB: only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
“Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply and on the job training will be provided!”