|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 10, 2020|
|Category|| Human Resource / HR |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position
Dexis is seeking a Human Resources (HR) Specialist to support a project with USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI) in Ethiopia. This is a three-year contract to support activities that will strengthen democracy and national stability in Ethiopia. The HR Specialist will assist the Office Manager with the recruitment, onboarding, and training of new employees. The HR Specialist will explain and promote employment policies, ensuring compliance with local labor laws. This is a full-time position based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, with an immediate start date.
USAID's Office of Transition Initiatives (USAID/OTI) new support program aims to deliver fast and adaptable support that helps the Government of Ethiopia and civil society advance democratic reforms and enhance citizen engagement in the governance processes. Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis) will be USAID/OTI’s implementing partner in providing this assistance.
- Support the Office Manager (HR Lead) in recruitment and hiring for Ethiopian staff.
- Ensure HR policies and guidelines are being adhered to, local labor laws are being followed, and appropriate measures, policies, and procedures are in place.
- Manage the employee files, benefits and performance records with confidentiality.
- Work to successfully onboard all employees.
- Work with the Office Manager to resolve personnel issues with the Operations Manager.
- Maintain leave and sick leave roster documentation and consult monthly with the accountants for payroll compliance.
- Collate all time sheets for program.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent university degree in a relevant field.
- At least 1-3 years of experience in relevant positions, such as human resources or operations.
- Experience with USAID or other donor-funded programs.
- Demonstrated understanding of local labor laws.
- Ability to ensure compliance with USAID and Dexis policies, procedures, and regulations regarding travel, program operations, recruitment, and HR functions.
- Ability to prioritize and manage a high-volume workload in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and other basic computer applications.
- Experience living and working in Ethiopia.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Amharic.
- Prior experience in Human Resources.
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button from the link below.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.