|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||February 23, 2021|
|Category|| Legal |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The program is going to be done with well known international and local partners.
- Compiling and analyzing disability laws and policies in Ethiopia
- Identifying the gaps in the implementation of disability rights in general and of persons with visual impairment in particular
- Conducting advocacy activities based on the identified gaps
- Transforming ENAB’s activities towards the best advocacy of disability rights
- Designing and prioritizing advocacy issues of disability rights
- Collaboration with TOFI partners in Ethiopia (including active participating in Human Rights and Advocacy (HRA) Technical Working group)
- Collaboration and communication with TOFI program manager in NABP in the development and reporting on implementation of HRA programme in Ethiopia
- Capacity building and organizational strengthening of ENAB and other TOFI partners
- Organize trainings and awareness raising in communities, for activists and organizations on the rights of persons with disabilities and disability rights
- Support work with supplementary CRPD shadow report and related initiatives
- Support and participate in relevant networks
- Doing any other related activity.
Required educational and work experience
- Minimum of master degree
- Graduating in law and human rights in the first degree
- At least 5 years of experience for Ph.D. holders and 7 years of experience for master degree holders in the fields related to those mentioned educational backgrounds
- Informed in disability-related concepts
- Good skills in communications, English language, technologies etc.
- Experience working effectively with governments, civil society, multilateral, and the private sector
- Experience project management and planning program design
- Experience in reporting and monitoring using quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Experience in developing and conducting training, campaigns, and community work
- Co-operates well with others; shares knowledge, experience and information; supports others in the pursuit of team goals
- Builds a useful network of contacts and relationships and utilizes it to achieve objectives
- Those with work experience on disability are encouraged,
- Those who have NGO experience are encouraged.
ENAB will notify exam type through the telephone address filled in the application form and through the internal notice board
Work experience certificate written more than 6 months is not acceptable
Applicants who fulfill the criteria hereunder can apply in person at the headquarter of ENAB found at Sidist Kilo, near to Yekatit hospital y producing originals and photocopies of work experience certificates, educational certificates, CV and identity cards and by filling the form prepared to that effect.
Registration time is within 10 working days of this post at working hours
For further information, use phone number 0111111021
Applicants with disabilities particularly women with disabilities are encouraged to apply for this vacancy