|Location||Bahir Dar, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||September 23, 2021|
|Category|| Legal |
|Job Type|| Contract |
Ethiopian Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is looking for qualified candidates to fill the following position.
Purpose of the Job:
Manage individual human rights complaints, plan, and implement monitoring of places of detention and emergencies, finalize reports and issue recommendations. Develop and implement advocacy and follow up strategy.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage investigation of human rights complaints assigned to him/her.
- Contribute to decisions in consultation with coordinators and Senior Human Rights Officers.
- Conduct monitoring of places of detention and draft reports
- Conduct human rights monitoring during emergencies
- Issue recommendations: develop and implement advocacy and follow up strategy
- Proposes areas for systemic investigation and refer them to thematic functions in consultation with the Senior Human Right Officer/Coordinator
- Manage partnerships and relationships with stakeholders
- Conducts research on human rights issues as appropriate
- Provide input on revisions of systems, policies, guidelines, manuals, and tools
REPORTS TO: Coordinator, Monitoring and Investigation/Regional Director
DURATION: Open Contract
SALARY RANGE: Gross monthly salary of ETB 19,157.00 - ETB 22,817.00 plus ETB 6,000.00 Housing allowance and ETB 1,500.00 Transport allowance, depending on candidates qualification, experience and earning history
Qualifications and Experience:
- MA/BA in Human Rights, LLM in international Law.
- 4 years of relevant experience for BA and 2 years of relevant experience for MA.
- Computer literate.
- Knowledge of Amharic is required.
- Knowledge of other local languages is advantageous
Interested candidates should write a covering letter, explaining why they are interested in this role, why they are the right person for the job with a recent CV which should be sent to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the name of the position on the subject of the email
Women candidates are encouraged to apply
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and written exam