|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 22, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Humedicae.V is German based International NGO registered and licensed in Ethiopia in February 2010. Currently, Humedica e.V Country Office is looking for a qualified Humanitarian Coordinator.
Summary of Responsibility:
To strengthen the humanitarian response program of humedica e.V Ethiopia country office, the focus being medical emergency response, to reach communities in immediate need due to disaster and the resulting crisis in Ethiopia.
To serve as focal person for Ethiopia humanitarian response efforts and play the role in the country office active participation in different similar coordination forums.
To plan and undertaking needs assessment, program, project design and prepare project proposal with the focus area of humanitarian medical response and coordinating resource mobilization efforts with the headquarter and other external humanitarian actors in the UN channel, INGOs, government and other partners.
To coordinate the humanitarian response network and information management of humedica e.V. with humanitarian actors in Ethiopia with clear strategy and implementation planning and execution in the country office.
Guided by humedica e.V. international humanitarian policy and strategy and to be executed in the context of the humedica e.V Ethiopia Country office humanitarian medical and other emergency response efforts, the primary roles of the Humanitarian Response (& Health Cluster) Coordinator are as follows.
- Assessment program and project planning
- Humanitarian policy, strategic Planning and networking
- Policy Dialogue and Technical Engagement
- Humanitarian local and regional Information Management
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Be involved in neighbouring humanitarian sectors (food security etc) as well as health.
- Be involved in health topics in longer-term crises rather than focussing on the emergency response
Education and Trainings:
- Advanced university degree in public health, medicine, disaster & humanitarian medical response programs and projects management, or related fields from a recognized university or academic institute.
- Having a relevant combination of professional and academic qualifications complemented by specialized training in assessment of humanitarian medical response and public health relief efforts and activities.
- Health team, coordinator training and trainings in emergency response in the context of public health, humanitarian response and or medical emergency.
Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 7 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in managing humanitarian programmes, especially in the health sector;
- Previous experience implementing and/or coordinating complex humanitarian programmes including responses driven by local partners
- Experience in multi-stakeholder co-ordination and facilitation is highly desirable;
- Effective communication, networking and organizational skills and ability to work well in a team;
- Ability to work well under pressure and in response to rapidly changing needs; and
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Experience in programme and/or technical assistance with the humanitarian actorssystem and network
- Excellent knowledge of policies and guidelines related to humanitarian affairs and reforms
- Experience in providing technical assistance
- Working in teams/managing ourselves and our relationships
- Achieving results
- Being accountable
- Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen
- Thinking analytically and strategically
- Communicating for impact
Required Skill Set:
- Demonstrates political/cultural acumen in proposing technically sound, evidence-based approaches/solution
- Advocacy/Advancing a policy-oriented agenda - Influencing the public policy agenda
- Results-based programme and project development and management - achieving results through humanitarian response programme and project design and innovative resourcing strategies
- Building strategic alliances, partnerships and networks
- Facilitates change and influences country and international offices decision makers to implement change strategies
Language Skill: Fluent in high level English language skills
Interview: Only Qualified applicants will be invited for written exam and interview.
Testimonials: Interested applicants who meet the above mentioned requirements can send their non returnable application, CV and copy of their credentials to:
Humedica Ethiopia, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or P.O.Box 19700