|Location||Uba Debertsehaye, SNNPR, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||April 8, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The Position mainly involves undertaking rapid implementing Emergency Sanitation and hygiene promotion and capacity building interventions in Hawassa field office intervention waredas.
- In collaboration with other team members, the SHP assistant undertakes detail Hygiene and Sanitation need assessments.
- Assist the HP officer in preparing of IEC Materials and monitor the distribution of IEC materials to be used at community level.
- Ensure the proper dissemination of hygiene and sanitation messages to the community at grass root level.
- Organize community level hygiene awareness campaigns and prevention of Cholera.
- Organize training for community representatives on Hygiene and sanitation and Cholera control.
- Plan and ensure the proper distribution of Non-Food Items.
- Works closely with Woreda Water and Health Offices towards efficient and effective implementation of the response and emergency hygiene promotion activities
- Works in collaboration with other IRC staff, government partners & key stakeholder and Ensure proper integration of the interventions.
- Produces activity progress reports as per the preset reporting schedule and submit to the supervisor.
- Prepare brief emergency related monthly updates and submit to the supervisor.
- Closely work with kebele HEWs and woreda water offices for basic emergency hygiene promotion activities
- Work on building of the capacity of woreda partners and HEWs on WASH emergency promotion, NFI distributions and other health educations
- Plan and conduct different hygiene & sanitation promotion and health educations on different community meetings by using different hygiene promotion approaches
- Conduct regular post distribution monitoring and periodic post distribution survey of the NFI at household level
- Conduct different review meetings with woreda partners, HEWs and community representatives on progress of the hygiene promotion activities and beneficiary compliance and feedback management systems
- Takes additional works as assigned by supervisor.
- BSc Degree/Diploma in Environmental Health, public Health
- At least 3 years of related work experience for Diploma Holders, and 1-year relevant experience for first degree.
- Hygiene promotion experience in local community settings.
- Basic computer skill (Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and e-mail).
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as to work autonomously when required.
- Good command spoken and written English.
- Knowledge of the local language is an advantageous.
Please send your CV, application letter and copies of credentials to the following address: IRC, Hawassa and directly applying through the below links is also mandatory. Please send applications also directly through the post office numbered 1320.
- Please include 3 references from current and former employers.
- Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
- Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short listed and contacted
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
- Name of the position you have applied for
- Date of application
- Summary of your qualifications and experience
- Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
- Permanent Address and present address (if different form permanent) and telephone number
- Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
|Are any of your relatives employed by International Rescue committee (IRC)?|
If answer is “yes”, give the following information:
| YES NO|
Recruiter of the position Hawassa HR/Admin
IRC is an equal employment opportunity employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.