|Location||Mada Walabu, Bale, Oromia, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 6, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. IRC has been working in Ethiopia since 1999 implementing programs aimed at improving the quality of lives and recovery of livelihoods of disaster-affected populations through promoting individual participation, strengthening institutions and emergency response.
Hygiene Promotion Assistant is responsible to support the implementation of rapid emergency response of hygiene and sanitation promotion and water supply activities by using appropriate hygiene promotion approaches, with required standard and principles, and level of participation. The position holder is also responsible for beneficiary selection & verification, community mobilization, proper management resources under the project.
Duty Station: Mada Walabu, Bale
Contract Duration: Until December, 2020 with possibility of extension.
Education: BSc Degree/Diploma in Environmental Health or Public Health
Work Experience: 1 year experience for BSc holders and 3 years’ experience for Diploma holders.
NGO experience is plus.
Skills and Competencies:
- Hygiene promotion experience in local community and emergency context.
- Experience of community mobilization and NFI distribution.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as to work autonomously when required.
- Good command spoken and written English, Amharic and Afaan Oromo.
- Basic computer knowledge (word, excel).
- Preference will be given to qualified female candidates.
Interested applicants who met the minimum requirements are encouraged to apply on IRC Career portal ONLY.
Here is the link to APPLY:
Your application letter/cover letter must include the following information.
- Name of the position you have applied for and date of application.
- Summary of your qualifications and experience
- Motivation/objective of why you have applied for the job
- Permanent Address and present address and telephone number.
- Disclose any family relationships with existing IRC employees.
- Please include 3 references from current and former employers.
- Applications will not be returned. IRC discourages phone calls or personal visits.
- Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be short listed and contacted.
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances.
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.