|Location||Kombolcha town South Wello Zone, Amhara, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 31, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Technical Support and Facilitation
- Leading hygiene promotion works focusing on COVID-19 messaging at health facility, quarantine center and isolation centers.
- Plan, organize and execute Hygiene training to technical committee (Out-reach workers, HEWs, DAs, Kebele manager and Teachers)
- Organize and provide capacity building training for Out-reach workers on sanitation and hygiene promotion
- Prepare periodic review meeting with Out-reach workers and community representative (natural leaders) and concerned stake holders
- Take part in preparing all the required IEC/BCC materials and identifying and developing appropriate hygiene promotion messages.
- Ensure any NFI distribution are for the intended beneficiary and proper utilization of NFI.
- Ensure the activities and budget allocated for sanitation & hygiene promotion implemented efficiently within the grant period
- Serve as the focal point person for all activities related to Concern sanitation and hygiene promotion
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Take part in WASH knowledge, Attitude and practice (KAP) surveys and project evaluation in data collection, data entry, analysis and reporting in order to evaluate the impact of sanitation and hygiene promotion activities
- Plan and implement project monitoring and evaluation activities
- Develop different monitoring tools based on the activities
Coordination and networking
- To liaise with Government woreda Health office and Water office and other relevant actors as requested by the line manager · Establish good working relationships with Concern staff, government bodies and other stakeholders
Planning, Reporting and Accountability
- Contribute to the preparation of internal and external reports
- Prepare weekly, Bi-weekly, monthly and quarter report.
- Ensure that program participants and stakeholders have clear information about the program activities as appropriate and relevant to them.
- At all times adhere to policies and guidelines of Concern.
- Give technical support to the field staff on mainstreaming gender, protection, accountability, HIV/AIDS, inequality and DRR in the implementation of hygiene and sanitation promotion
- Committed to CWW’s vision, mission and core values
- Ensure that all hygiene/sanitation promotion activities are documented and recorded including desegregated data and reported to the respective Project manager
- Document good practices and success stories for learning and sharing
Perform other duties assigned by the line manager for the accomplishment of programme objectives.
- B.sc in Environmental Health, Health Promotion or relevant development studies.
- 4 years’ experience in hygiene behavior change communication and in INGOs development programs in rural and remote environments in Ethiopia.
- Excellent written and spoken English language
- Experience in providing training and capacity building for staff
Ability to understand and respect the cultural, religious and political environment and to work well with staff and local authorities in a diplomatic mannerCompetencies:
- Knowledge of participatory approaches
- Ability to work with teams at distance and good team player
- Analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer proficiency
|Interested applicants should send non-returnable C.V., application letter outlining how their experience and education fit this vacancy. Please note that no need to submit your supporting documents at this stage:|
Ethiojobs.net OR Apply in person at our Office in Kombolcha 04 Kebelle near BGI Ethiopia beer factory
Phone call is strictly forbidden. Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Concern Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies
Concern has an organizational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organization, and the standards of behavior expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organization to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.