|Location||Wolaita, SNNPR, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 8, 2020|
|Category|| Health Care / Medical |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Based at the Woreda level, the Hygiene Promotion Officer will provide technical support, on job training and coaching and supportive supervision in areas of COVID-19 prevention measures. Hygiene Promotion Officer will work closely with Woreda Health Office, Water Energy and Min office and technical staff at the Health Center, Health Post level, isolation/quarantine centres and treatment centres on proper planning and ensure that the national protocols for both health and WASH are adhered. The position holder shall be in charge of leading, technical quality implementation and delivery of static & outreach health services in the assigned Woreda.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Technical Support and Facilitation
· Engage communities to stop the spread of disease and adopt resilient practices (hygiene and sanitation, nutrition, GBV prevention, personal resilience), while modifying our work practices to safeguard communities by mobilising our extensive community based network of staff and partners.
· Support and strengthen local health system capacity for Infection Prevention Control
· Facilitate assessments of the WASH situation in the community using participatory exercises such as leading discussions of photos or drawings, doing a WASH map, leading a walk focusing on hygiene, or coordinating a community hygiene baseline survey.
· Supervise WASH facility and water supply infrastructure construction and train WASH committee on maintenance of facilities
· Advocate with community leaders and influential people to support WASH improvements.
· Plan, organize and execute Hygiene training to technical committee (Out-reach workers, HEWs, DAs, Kebele manager and Teachers)
· Organize and provide capacity building training for Out-reach workers on sanitation and hygiene promotion
· Prepare periodic review meeting with Out-reach workers and community representative (natural leaders) and concerned stake holders
· Take part in preparing all the required IEC/BCC materials and identifying and developing appropriate hygiene promotion messages.
· Ensure any WASH kits distribution are for the intended beneficiary and health facilities proper utilization of WASH kits.
· Ensure the activities and budget allocated for sanitation & hygiene promotion implemented efficiently within the grant period
· Serve as the focal point person for all activities related to Concern sanitation and hygiene promotion
Monitoring and Evaluation
· Take part in WASH knowledge, Attitude and practice (KAP) surveys and project evaluation in data collection, data entry, analysis and reporting in order to evaluate the impact of sanitation and hygiene promotion activities
· Plan and implement project monitoring and evaluation activities
· Develop different monitoring tools based on the activities
Coordination and networking
· To liaise with Government woreda Health office and Water office and other relevant actors as requested by the line manager
· Establish good working relationships with Concern staff, government bodies and other stakeholders
Planning, Reporting and Accountability
· Contribute to the preparation of internal and external reports
· Prepare weekly, Bi-weekly, monthly and quarter report.
· Ensure that program participants and stakeholders have clear information about the program activities as appropriate and relevant to them.
· At all times adhere to policies and guidelines of Concern.
· Give technical support to the field staff on mainstreaming gender, protection, accountability, HIV/AIDS, inequality and DRR in the implementation of hygiene and sanitation promotion
· Committed to CWW’s vision, mission and core values
· Ensure that all hygiene/sanitation promotion activities are documented and recorded including desegregated data and reported to the respective Project manager
· Document good practices and success stories for learning and sharing
Concern is committed to responding to emergencies efficiently and effectively in order to help affected people meet their basic needs, alleviate suffering and maintain their dignity. To this end, when emergencies strike and the Ethiopia Programme is to respond, all staff are required to actively participate in the response, regardless of location and contribute to the efforts aimed at achieving the humanitarian objective of the organization.
Gender Equity :
§ Ensure that all HR policies and procedures relating to Concern Ethiopia’s gender equality strategy are implemented
§ Ensure that all gender sensitive policies and procedures are fully adhered to during recruitment processes
Contribute to promoting a gender sensitive working environment within Concern Ethiopia
Perform other duties assigned by the line manager for the accomplishment of programme objectives.
Concern Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies
Concern has an organizational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organization, and the standards of behavior expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organization to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
What we offer
· A competitive salary and benefit package
· Excellent medical benefits (100% cover including dependents)
· 20 days annual leave
26 weeks (paid) maternity leave, 18weeks (unpaid) parental leave
§ Minimum of B.sc in Environmental Health, Water Supply and Sanitation Engineering, Health Education or other development fields.
§ 3 years’ experience in Hygiene Promotion at community level in INGOs setting development/emergency programs in remote rural environments.
§ Excellent written and spoken English language
§ Experience in providing training and capacity building for community members
§ Ability to understand and respect the cultural, religious and political environment and to work well with staff and local authorities in a diplomatic manner
Ability to speak local language/Wolaitigna is an advantageCompetency :
§ Knowledge of participatory approaches
§ Ability to work with teams at distance and good team player
§ Analytical skills already deposited
§ Strong interpersonal and communication skills
§ Computer proficiency
§ Capacity Building skills
Ability to plan own work, set priorities, complete work under pressure or when faced with competing demands and report.
Interested applicants should send non-returnable C.V., application letter outlining how their experience and education fit this vacancy, please note that no need to submit your supporting documents at this stage:
Ethiojobs.net OR Apply in person at our Office in Wolayita
Phone call is strictly forbidden. Only short listed candidates will be contacted