|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||July 2, 2021|
|Category|| Business Development |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The purpose of the Core Competence Specialist position is technical development of the specific CC, strategic direction and quality assurance, the CC strategy and quality control. The CC Specialist is responsible for mentoring; training and capacity building of staff on CC technical capacity.
ICLA - Information, Cancelling and Legal Assistance.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop CC strategy, technical guidance and Macro LFAs that are aligned with regional and global strategies and priorities
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposal, budgets and donor reports
- Identify trends technical standards and donor priorities
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments within CC, ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support
- Lead the HLP Working Group in Addis Ababa
- Study ICLA-specific contextual aspects and issues in Ethiopia and produce strategic and programing analysis to initiate ICLA programme for NRC Ethiopia.
- In support of the regional ICLA Adviser and the HoP, ensure that the necessary funds and resources are mobilized for growing ICLA needs
- Ensure compliance and adherence to NRC policies within the ICLA CC (re the CC that will be initiated)
- Ensure that the ICLA strategy and projects to be initiated will promote and protect the rights of refugees, IDPs, host community and returnees and will contribute to the NRC Ethiopia advocacy strategy.
- Assess ICLA -specific contextual analysis as well as potential programming aspects throughout the country.
- Develop high level quality ICLA project proposals and reports for potential programming in those areas.
- In support of the HoP, CD and the regional/Global ICLA advisers ensure that relevant donors are targeted for fund raising.
- In support of the HoP and CD assist in establishing required capacities for ICLA programme for Ethiopia including recruiting national staff where needed.
- Ensure design and implementation of high quality ICLA interventions
- Ensure generation of timely and high quality project reports
- Provide mentorship and guidance to senior national staff, including the ICLA Project Manager, with the aim of nationalizing the Specialist position
Professional competencies for this position:
- Minimum 4 years of experience within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- ICLA core competency expertise
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge and skills in market analysis, cash-based interventions and market based programmes
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
Context/specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Background in law is desirable
- Experience with project development, especially from an emergency and post-emergency phases
- Experience in working with ECHO, NMFA, SIDA and UN agencies UNHCR, UNICEF, OCHA etc;
- Experience in capacity building and community mobilization;
- Experience in advocacy work
- Experience with coordination mechanisms (cluster and sectorial)
Fore more information, here is the Detailed Job Description
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Type of Contract: 12 months’ renewable based on funding, performance, and the need for position
Salary: Based upon the NRC grading Scale
This role is open to Ethiopian Nationals Only!
To Apply, please Click Here