|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 22, 2020|
|Category|| IT / Information Technology |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The National Election Board of Ethiopia (NEBE), re-established by proclamation No. 1133/2011, is the constitutionally mandated body to conduct elections, organize referendum and regulate political parties in Ethiopia. NEBE is undergoing institutional reform to enhance its credibility and capacity and conduct free, impartial and credible elections. Through the support of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), NEBE has contracted ABH Partners to provide human resource recruitment and management services.
Accordingly, ABH partners would like to invite applicants who meet the below requirements to apply for the position of ICT, GIS and Statistics Manager.
Required number: One
Reports to: Chief Executive of HQ office of NEBE
Duty station: NEBE Head Quarter, Addis Ababa
Duration: 12 months with a possibility of extension
Expected Start Date: Immediately after concluding the contract
Purpose of the Role
The NEBE ICT, GIS and Statistics Manager is responsible for maintaining and establishing NEBE’s ICT technical vision and leading all aspects of NEBE’s technology. As head of information communication technology, he/she plays an integral role in NEBE’s strategic direction, development, and future growth. Responsibilities will include amongst other day to day team management tasks, the leading, managing and guiding of all NEBE technology strategies, technology platforms, partnerships, and external relationships with various third-party vendors. The role requires that a candidate with strong ICT management competencies be selected to manage this new and dynamic team of ICT, GIS and Statistics individuals. With the ability to liaise and converse at various levels both at senior management and directorship level within and outside of NEBE.
- Lead and manage the NEBE ICT, GIS and Statistics Operations team during specially during election cycles to establish a culture of accountability and IT Service Management excellence through effective day to day management of internal technology professionals and external service providers.
- Lead the continuous improvement and manage the various NEBE IT system demands in the delivery of solutions and NEBE business as usual services to ensure the ongoing value of ICT.
- Develop strategies that remove cost inefficiencies, identify and leverage key ICT capabilities and skill-sets, and applying innovative thinking to process and product improvement.
- Lead and manage improvements and optimization in partnership with infrastructure and application inhouse team and vendors
- Ensure the continued availability of NEBE ICT systems business as usual services based on agreed service and security levels to minimise operational disruptions
- Provide technical supervision of the NEBE ICT platforms including the monitoring and proactive management of events, maintenance activities and problem identification and resolution
- Maintain compliance of the ICT team with all relevant regulatory, contractual and legislative obligations.
- Participate as a member of the NEBE ICT management team to provide expert advice on ICT operational strategic direction and issues in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Proactively develop partnerships with outside state entities and stakeholders to grow ICT's reputation as a trusted and valued partner in and outside of NEBE.
- Provide strategic input into NEBE ICT strategy and future investment planning to future-proof the NEBE ICT platforms for growth and technology redundancy.
- Continuous evaluations of all NEBE technologies ensuring the security of the information systems, databases, network communication lines and equipment are sound.
- Oversee the production of NEBE specific maps showing the spatial distribution of polling stations, constituency offices, regional offices and others from data obtained from different sources
- Oversee the planning and coordination of GIS activities to meet NEBE’s strategic objectives
- Supervise analysis of statistical data and production of various demographic reports which helps the electoral process.
- Set ICT staff performance measures (KPI’s – Key Performance Indicators) and manage staffing expectations so far as ongoing performance reviews are concerned.
The incumbent will be required to:
- Comply with NEBE’s overall ICT strategy.
- Observe all legal and constitutional obligations.
- Manage third party vendors and suppliers in line with NEBE’s operational strategies
- Maintain an effective, efficient and service orientated ICT department providing key services to NEBE
- MSc/MA/BSc Computer Science, Information Technology Degree
- 10 years’ experience in an ICT Management role
- Should possess courses that are specific to leadership, management, and ICT best practices (ITIL, TOGAF, Prince 2 etc) is favourable.
- Basic understanding of GIS and statistics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving mind set
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision and under pressure
- Ability to manage teams within a structured and unstructured environment
- Exceptional critical thinking skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to assist non-technical individuals with complex technical issues
- Not be a member of any political party
- High level of skill in the leadership of strategic ICT Operations and a complex workforce of internal technology professionals and external service providers to ensure that innovative, realistic, and practical solutions to NEBE’s needs are effectively implemented.
- Extensive knowledge in the operations and support of ICT environments and technologies in relation to support, hardware, software applications and networks to deliver stable and efficient ICT services to meet NEBE’s needs which will include the management of:
* Telecommunication suppliers
* Software suppliers
* Hardware suppliers
* Specialist technology suppliers
* GIS data suppliers (governmental and non-governmental suppliers)
- High level of skill to lead during times of change, including effective change management, communication, and stakeholder management skills.
- Demonstrate a high level of knowledge in the proactive identification of new or improved system opportunities within NEBE ICT Operations which includes the continuous delivery of solutions to NEBE.
- High level of skill in managing and implementing sustainable change and developing executable strategies within a diverse ICT team whilst at the same time managing and implementing appropriate service regimes (support, capacity and performance, security and integration) which builds and then contributes to achieving NEBE’s ICT overall objectives within a high performing and positive team culture.
- Implement and adopt ICT best practices:
* Prince 2
- Extensive commercial acumen to manage risks in a complex environment.
- Knowledge of and willingness to commit to and work within NEBE’s values.
Qualified applicants can submit their application letter along with an updated CV with three professional references, copies of education credentials and work experience via email to email@example.com by stating the position you are applying on the subject email. The application may also be submitted in person to our office located on Bole Road, behind DH Geda Tower Addis Ababa from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday.
Application Deadline: September 06, 2020
Qualified candidates who fulfil the criteria will be hired only following the approval and endorsement by NEBE.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.