|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||August 30, 2020|
|Category|| IT / Information Technology |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
The ICT officer will be responsible for coordinating and supporting country team and Interns in ICT related programmes and training activities including ICT related program design, ICT camp, hardware and software related inquiries. The incumbent is also responsible for ensuring internet connections are functioning effectively and ICT related equipment are properly used and maintained across the organizations.
1. Program Delivery and Support
· Involve in developing programs, project proposal and activities for the ICT and program units.
· Collaborate with units to organize and deliver ICT training TOTs, ICT camp, facilitation and exit workshop,
· Preparing IT training manual for existing ICT camp trainings
· In collaboration with the Internship Officers and Business Development officers ensure the engagement and active participation of Interns in the ICT clubs
· Conduct periodic refresher training of existing users on common office application, DOT network usage, policies and procedures, maintenance guidelines and user manuals to DOTE staff and Interns in order to enhance their IT skills
· Carry out action research that could be used strengthen DOT ICT related program interventions.
· Participate and contribute in ICT policy and procedure development process.
2. ICT functions support
· Perform troubleshooting of all IT issues at the DOT Offices and in training centers when required
· Ensures all staff PCs and peripheral devices are properly configured, have appropriate virus/spyware protection, and are in good working order.
· Ensure all IT equipment are timely maintained and serviced.
· Oversees choice of technology platforms and development of software and hardware systems are appropriate and in coherence with the organizations policies.
· Provide technical support for the development of information databases and resources.
· Support communication team in their management of ethiopia.dotrust.org, social medias and proactively identify and develop new and innovative ways of disseminating information to staff and interns on ICT related issues.
· Support work units on implementation and maintenance of software solutions.
· Develop content on ICT tools usage when needed to support organization experience and project use intentions.
· Manage the distribution and retention of data on various storage devices and taking backup.
· Conduct systems and components inspections and tests and undertake preventive maintenance.
· IT or related background, at least BSc degree in Computer Science, IT or electrical engineering with very good command of the computer hardware and software knowledge.
· At least three years of experience in the ICT program support
· Team player, supportive and good inter-personal skill
· Interested and qualified applicants may send their CV & application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org until September 9, 2020.
Note: Please mention your current salary, salary and benefit expectation in the body of the email you are sending to apply for the post and only candidates with complete information as requested will be shortlisted and contacted for further assessment.