|Location||Addis Ababa, Ethiopia|
|Date Posted||May 19, 2022|
|Category|| IT / Information Technology |
|Job Type|| Full-time |
Service Desk Support
- First point of contact and day-to-day technical support to end users.
- Accept client requests with phone, email, MS-teams, Skype and helps staffs to get appropriate IT service to resolve the incident.
- Enter call, collaboration tools data in the tracking system (S-MAX and generates activity and/or status reports. Follow up updates on issues to ensure client satisfaction and productivity.
- All works will be managed through S-MAX support – ensure that all reported calls are logged in and managed through S-MAX.
- Responds to Level 1 and Level 2 Support requests (forwarded incidents from field GTD team and project offices) and Works with vendors (Level 3) technical support personnel on solutions for clients.
- Develops checklists and scripts for resolving routine incidents and develop/update knowledge base database for sharing over the international office.
- Ensure all emergency base staff get IT support by any means necessary like TeamViewer, Skype, MS-teams and scheduled and/or critical incident field visit.
- Provides the user access services by creating, resetting and unlocking users windows password,
- Research trouble issues, which affect multiple clients. (Problem Management) take part in frequent occurring incidents solving mechanism by preparing video tutorials, brief documents and prepare on job training for staff.
- Addressing user requests at their spot
- Involve in project sites monitoring visit and come up with reports that can be used as an input for WV strategic plan and GTD move forward
Client, Technology Support and Technical Support
- Participate in upgrading of in-house systems ((fixed asset, bulk SMS), and regular support for adopted systems (Horizon, Our People, ProVison, concur, Sun6, WVCentral, LMMS, etc)
- Provide effective support in configuration of Office 365 tools like (outlook, one-drive, Ms-teams and office applications) for staffs.
- Provide a regular support for staffs on different department meetings and trainings by using Zoom or Ms-Teams.
- Provide regular support for essential business systems like Office 365 packages (Outlook, OneDrive, MS Teams, etc), network troubleshooting, productive tools like Microsoft packages.
- Take a lead for the deployment of new or upgraded images, software and hardware for multiple clients. And make sure to be implemented on server based on WDS (Windows Deployment Services).
- Configures and installs Laptops, Printers, Projectors, and Scanners, photocopier, Tablets and mobile devices.
- Follows established procedures for performing configuration changes, updates and upgrades.
- Performs minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Provides on-going support of client technology.
- Participates in deployment of new or upgrade information technology and infrastructure projects, including assisting co-workers and vendor partners.
- Assists with the assessment and analysis of the need for, and with implementing performance upgrades to PCs including installation of new hardware or software on an individual or large-scale basis.
- Installs and performs repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Updates configuration management tools.
- Develops and documents procedures for performing configuration changes, updates and upgrades.
- Provides on-going support of client technology.
- Assess/analyzes the need for and implements performance upgrades to PCs including installation of new hardware or software on an individual or large-scale basis.
- Designs and deploys client support processes.
- Plans and schedules the installation and deployment projects.
- Take part in the planning, building, upgrading, and maintenance of client technologies.
- Participate on decision making of configuration options.
Hardware Technical support
- Assists with outcome investigations for critical incidents and/or problems, from collecting necessary input until designing the resolution process.
- Monitors and communicates system status to improve our response and resolution SLA
- Diagnoses and resolves client laptops, desktops, scanners, printers, 3G/4G-Dongles, Projectors, TVs, Tablets, backup devices and mobile device hardware and software issues.
- Creates temporary solutions until permanent solutions can be implemented.
- Assists systems, programming and vendor professionals as needed to resolve problems.
- Coordinates the resolution of escalated application, hardware and software problems.
- Assists with diagnosing and resolving client workstation and mobile device hardware and software issues.
- Partners with Network and Systems Administration teams to ensure efficient operations of the desktop computing environment.
ICT skills building
- Plan, prepare and conduct trainings on different systems and applications (Microsoft office, outlook, onedrive, BOX, Ms Teams, …)
- Orient new staffs on WVE policies like Acceptable Use Policy, Information Security Policy, ICT processes and WV standard applications
- Individual identification of staff’s area of capacity building to make sure that they get equipped with knowledge to make them make use of ICT tools easily.
- Advising users on technology developments that can improve their productivity like office 365, advanced spreadsheet programs, web resource management and the like.
- Take part in on-Job training and brief on exceptional incidents.
Ensure Information and Data Security
- Maintain user passwords and credentials to assure system security and data integrity.
- Secure user credentials, wireless credentials, admin passwords
- Encourage users to involve in Security awareness trainings provided online as part of World Vision IT’s Information Security Awareness program
- Work with infrastructure team on new viruses reported from users
- Ensure availability of different updated antivirus tools to recover from any data loss
- Assist users to take regular back up for all necessary organizational documents with external backup devices and also server.
- Contribute on ensuring business continuity in the unlikely event of an ICT disaster.
ICT Equipment Procurement and Inventory management
- Involving in preparation of IT equipment specification and recommend changes when it is appropriate.
- Take part on selecting appropriate Vendors for IT equipment’s.
- Involve and facilitate procurement procedure by providing acceptance test for all IT equipment’s
- Participate on recommendation of ICT equipment disposal
- Manage IT inventory for all IT equipment and/or software in accordance with company policy and procedures.
Service level management:
- Follow-up of frequently requested incidents in a timely manner to ensure client satisfaction by developing metrics and service procedures.
- Collaborates in the development of service-level objectives and takes steps to meet or exceed targets.
- Monitors service-level objectives to ensure that requirements are met or exceeded.
- Prepare inputs for client satisfaction metrics and service procedures.
- Makes recommendations to approve performance and client satisfaction metrics. Follows up in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Tracks performance metrics.
- Assists with monitoring of key section metrics (quality measures, customer satisfaction ratings, service level objectives, etc.) against plan and adjust processes as appropriate.
- Identifies recurring problems and notifies team members.
- Reviews tracking log to identify recurring incidents, or problems affecting a large number of clients and do updates on knowledgebase database and communicate GTD team members for efficient usage whenever needed.
- Develops procedures and proficient way out for service improvements.
- Recommends solutions to common problems and updates frequently asked questions documentation.
- Participate in developing laptop configuration checklist and perform accordingly
- Based on the findings on a preventive maintenance; work with infrastructure and system team to bring preeminent ICT equipment usage & improved services
Other Related Activities
- Take part the procurement activities of ICT related materials and services requires from specification preparation, technical, evaluation to acceptance testing
- Perform other assignments given by line and/or matrix management as the roles has shared services provided by the other GTD units and teams
Required Professional Experience
- BSc in Computer S., Information Technology, or related Field
- Experience: 4-7 yrs
- Very good communication and collaboration skills
- Experience in IT Intensive organization both in size and complexity equivalent with WVE IT environment
- Office Machine Maintenance and configuration; Printer Management
- Computer Hardware and Software installation and configuration.
- Windows Operating system installation and configuration.
- Other: Electronics, power and cabling experience preferred
Technical Knowledge and Skill
- Good Knowledge of IT Technologies: Windows Platform, Microsoft Office, Windows Servers, Smartphones etc.
- Strong client service skills and the ability to work under pressure with accuracy and professionalism.
- Understanding of Microsoft Active Directory, DNS service and other networking methods and technologies.
- Proficiency in the recent Microsoft Windows Collaboration tools MS-Teams, One Drive, Share Point, office 365, Outlook.
- In-depth knowledge of Office 365 with collaboration tools (Ms-teams, SharePoint, One-Drive).
- Knowledge of Network communication technologies and other WAN/LAN products.
- Good knowledge and experience of setting up and supporting Videoconference Facilities (Zoom).
- Comfortable using remote access technologies and remote troubleshooting.
- Knowledge in data collection and processing tools (Power BI, Kobo Collect, Open Data Kit (ODK), Mobile Data Collection tools)
- Excellent communications skills; the ability to listen and then clearly describe the problem and proposed solution.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English.
- Technical Training qualifications: A+, N+, Security + MCP/MCSA 2012/2016 certifications, ITILv4, Office Machine Maintenance, Mobile Configuration and Maintenance, Power Platform Fundamentals
- CCNA/CCNP Certifications ; 2.PMP (Project Management Professional) Expérience on system WV uses like Coupa, Concur solutions, Zscaler Security solutions, SetilnelOne